Is Polar bear extinct?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
knott
Outfitter

Is Polar bear extinct?

Post by knott »

Been doing whiterim ridge last week. Got a great day with tons of sitka and making progress for dall, foxes and snowshoe hare as well but the entire week after my first two tests I have not seen a single polar bear and not a track. There used to be every other hunt at least one on the ice flakes up north but I don´t know how many hunts I have yet to see a single sign of any polar bear wandering around the shore from west to east up north usually. Also has a tent at the harbour. It´s beyond weird with 3-5 hour per day and no polar bear. The last sign was a nice 27 pointer male I shot on monday I believe. I thought I could use him for a mission where I would travel to the harbour after. However since I shot him before activating the mission even though I harvested him after it didn´t count for the objective. Wonder if that somehow borked the Polar Bear population?
vsaet
Hunter

Re: Is Polar bear extinct?

Post by vsaet »

knott wrote:Been doing whiterim ridge last week. Got a great day with tons of sitka and making progress for dall, foxes and snowshoe hare as well but the entire week after my first two tests I have not seen a single polar bear and not a track. There used to be every other hunt at least one on the ice flakes up north but I don´t know how many hunts I have yet to see a single sign of any polar bear wandering around the shore from west to east up north usually. Also has a tent at the harbour. It´s beyond weird with 3-5 hour per day and no polar bear. The last sign was a nice 27 pointer male I shot on monday I believe. I thought I could use him for a mission where I would travel to the harbour after. However since I shot him before activating the mission even though I harvested him after it didn´t count for the objective. Wonder if that somehow borked the Polar Bear population?
Polar bear may be disappeared at the moment the F2P THC was born! ;)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Since the ERR , they've been away many miles from the shore . If you are patient enough , you might see a couple coming back to shore once in a while .

Try the Witch's finger . That's what i call it . USED to see a lot with that route .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Still a lot of bear at the Witch's Finger, as Serge called it.
I've done a couple of hunts and got between 6-10 bears in 90 minutes.
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Will try. Actually been around there twice the entire route and not a single track besides one arctic fox. But will continue trying. Can tents destroy spawn points and prevent animals from spawning?
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

knott wrote:Can tents destroy spawn points and prevent animals from spawning?

Tents don't really destroy spawn points, nor do they prevent all animals from spawning in that particular area.

Rather, the spawn points are rearranged, but only if you decide to go to that tent.

I Love Big Racks
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Witch fingers is a trap. I hold you guys responsible for this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i3p-W ... 38QISA_fg1

Did work this time though it was ladies night. Spotted 10 female dall sheep and 1 male.
Spotted 5 or 6 female polar bears before I fell in that trap. I got charged by a female polar bear. Dog stopped tracking wonder where on earth did she go? Then I try to search near the dog and saw a pit with the bear in it. I guess created by the sheer dead weight of the bear. Realized it would be a bit hard to get out of but as soon as I jumped in the pit got a lot deeper :p

Had to fast travel to the northern lodge and again no sign of polar bears.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

knott wrote:Witch fingers is a trap. I hold you guys responsible for this https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i3p-W ... 38QISA_fg1

Did work this time though it was ladies night. Spotted 10 female dall sheep and 1 male.
Spotted 5 or 6 female polar bears before I fell in that trap. I got charged by a female polar bear. Dog stopped tracking wonder where on earth did she go? Then I try to search near the dog and saw a pit with the bear in it. I guess created by the sheer dead weight of the bear. Realized it would be a bit hard to get out of but as soon as I jumped in the pit got a lot deeper :p

Had to fast travel to the northern lodge and again no sign of polar bears.
Yeah , this hole is brutal and a end to any more walking for sure . I fell in it two times .
Here is a pic from inside that hole , on my first drop .
Thought it was a pretty fairy pic though.

The second time , was when i was running to get that second Bear in 10 minutes for the mission . Ran in straight line to that Bear and never say the hole !
No need to tell you that i screamed like some girls, when they see a mouse in the house !

That was a failed mission of course . ( FT and coming back would have taken too long )

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

ilovesmokes

Post by ilovesmokes »

I've had trouble finding them too. Also been wondering why no polar bear competitions?
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

On another note but similar issue....., northern swamps in RFF.... over 3 hunts I haven't had a single BT buck? That is very odd for me.

Return to “General Chat”