Call of the wild ad on classic homepage????

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
knott
Outfitter

Re: Call of the wild ad on classic homepage????

Post by knott »

AI and animations is better in COTW then classic though. But still not true to life that is a big ask that not even super computers can achieve :)
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I don't mind the Ad so much. In all honesty I found Classic via purchasing COTW when COTW was released. Ironically I found the 8 year old game to be of better quality at the time. COTW only had the environmental graphics, the rest of it's arcady game play was unpalatable at the time.

I've tried COTW again since the latest releases and it still is 'meh' to me.
Spoiler:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I dont mind the Ad either, actually i was wondering if with the new influx of players EW could try to earn profits with Ads and partnerships for hunting stuff, The Hunter is a good publicity platform, but is natural for EW to want advertise their flag game to new players, older ones who already know COTW wont be impressed by an Ad, and is normal for gaming companies with more than one game to advertise one in other, and also have one single forum divided into sections to fit every game.

Now consider the good side, it may be that The Hunter is a recruiting tool for COTW, well not for me, but even under that interpretation, it means The Hunter still serve for a useful purpose to EW, and that is imo a lot better than be obsolete.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

theHunter classic is now on Steam only --- and the Ad brings you to Cotw ... on Steam
Maybe somebody crys OH I SEE THE SIGNS BETWEEN THE LINE ...but maybe it is just advertising.

Without any news/events/updates ... it makes sense
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: When CotW is advertised on the Classic website...

Post by DHRifleman »

HooCairs wrote:... then we know they want us to move. :D

What is the antlered animal in the picture?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DHRifleman wrote:What is the antlered animal in the picture?
Roosevelt Elk but with TruRACS it will be on their dev system.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Leadfan wrote:If they make a real hunting simulator with the Apex engine 2, I will move, but for currently it is too arcadish even if animals have truracs. We need true to life AI and animations to get there.
me and you both mate. sadly i think were the minority. looking at the numbers it appears the casual arcadeish gameplay of cotw is most popular with the masses. My dream when cotw was released was id hoped they'd take classic in a more serious/realistic direction and make it the true hardcore niche once cotw had casual covered. we even once had a debate set up by Alena to argue fun vs realism and i took that as EW felling out the community with realism winning by a landslide.

back in 2015 back when cotw wasnt a thing, talk of a new engine for classic wasn't completely out of the question. i just hope cotw matures and lines up a bit better with classic, it looks to be doing so but its still a long way off, or better yet someone has a serious crack at a hunting sim. I play classic less and less now but id still be guttered if i got left without a hunting game when i wanted to play one.
finnist2

Post by finnist2 »

i dint know why antone would take COTW over classic imo its just fakish i would pay 3 times more for classic worst money i ever spent
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

I enjoy both...just sayin!
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DHRifleman wrote:
HooCairs wrote:... then we know they want us to move. :D

What is the antlered animal in the picture?
Seems to be an Elk but truracs on COTW for me is a disaster in comparison with THC . Nothing to do! :(

Return to “General Chat”