How do you shoot a bow?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jase79

How do you shoot a bow?

Post by jase79 »

I'm just curious, how do you shoot a bow in the game?

-just clicking (like a firearm)
-or by pressing down the mouse button, holding it and release it when you're ready?
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: How do you shoot a bow?

Post by INTIMID883R »

hold and release
Spoiler:
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Hold and controlled release, if you plain click the fire button you are likely to move the mouse in the process, atleast thats what I'v noticed when shooting absurd distances.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There are two ways.
- Click and hold, then release
- Just click to shoot

First method is easier, more natural. When you use the second method, you tend to push the mouse when clicking, and then the arrow is off.

However, once you got used to click and hold, it has happened to me that I wanted to do the same with the crossbow. Of course the bolt was released by the click and I missed.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

once you figured out how to fire it go to one of the shooting range like redfeather darkwood lodge and practice on the bow range. this will teach you about the arrow drop over distance and where to put shoot your animal/target.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Just clicking once to release the arrow. Holding down the mouse button when you are at full draw means you are now committed to firing a shot and I don't think you can let down if the animal turns or moves on you leaving you with a bad shot angle. Also, the longer you are holding a bow at full draw, the more un-steady it becomes. You'll notice this more if you are using a recurve bow.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Nockedup wrote:Holding down the mouse button when you are at full draw means you are now committed to firing a shot and I don't think you can let down if the animal turns or moves on you leaving you with a bad shot angle.
You can , by clicking the right mouse button. It cancels the draw , the shot .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

DYEUZ wrote:
Nockedup wrote:Holding down the mouse button when you are at full draw means you are now committed to firing a shot and I don't think you can let down if the animal turns or moves on you leaving you with a bad shot angle.
What he said, right mouse click...save arrows and long tracks. Probably about half my kills are via bow and I cancel shots all the time.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

DYEUZ wrote:
I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Nockedup wrote: I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!
yw . Happens to me once in a while , where i either wait a bit too long and breathing makes bow drop, ( mostly with classic bows ) so instead of wasting a shot , i cancel it . Also , when you are about to shoot , but that fraction of second the animal moves of something , so a quick reaction is a must , to prevent a miss.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”