No More ammo with weapon purchase?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: No More ammo with weapon purchase?

Post by JimboCrow »

DHRifleman wrote:Just the fact that you are saying how easy it is to even get weapons by just playing says the game doesn't really need to be a grind. So you are showing that there is really no reason anyone will spend money now.
It is TOO EASY to get weapons for free now, or with a little bit of grinding. Some prices need to be tweaked to optimize the system for success and longevity IMHO.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

JimboCrow wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Just the fact that you are saying how easy it is to even get weapons by just playing says the game doesn't really need to be a grind. So you are showing that there is really no reason anyone will spend money now.
It is TOO EASY to get weapons for free now, or with a little bit of grinding. Some prices need to be tweaked to optimize the system for success and longevity IMHO.
And as soon as something is changed it will get complaints as to the validity of the F2P title.
The cat has been let out of the bag and there is no putting it back unfortunately.
Personally I think it was just shortsighted thinking and acting to quickly.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

JimboCrow wrote:It is TOO EASY to get weapons for free now, or with a little bit of grinding. Some prices need to be tweaked to optimize the system for success and longevity IMHO.
Yeah but imagine you are completely new and have nothing. You can go out with your .243 or single shot shotgun and kill some game. Can you imagine how long it would take until you can finally get even just a second caller? The average buck will give you what, 60 gm$? The callers are around 3000 gm$. You need to shoot 50 bucks to get that caller. That's two callers now, everything else you cannot call. So yeah this is great fun, but I would just go, buy some em$ to get the caller bundle (2460 em$). Same goes for weapons, treestands, and all the rest of almost 1000 store items. Grinding is ok, but wouldn't you at some point rather sooner than later really want to start enjoying the whole shebang? :)

We are all being advisors (me including) to those who have been running this for 10 years and who have all the business numbers that we simply don't have. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

HooCairs wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:It is TOO EASY to get weapons for free now, or with a little bit of grinding. Some prices need to be tweaked to optimize the system for success and longevity IMHO.
Yeah but imagine you are completely new and have nothing. You can go out with your .243 or single shot shotgun and kill some game. Can you imagine how long it would take until you can finally get even just a second caller? The average buck will give you what, 60 gm$? The callers are around 3000 gm$. You need to shoot 50 bucks to get that caller. That's two callers now, everything else you cannot call. So yeah this is great fun, but I would just go, buy some em$ to get the caller bundle (2460 em$). Same goes for weapons, treestands, and all the rest of almost 1000 store items. Grinding is ok, but wouldn't you at some point rather sooner than later really want to start enjoying the whole shebang? :)

We are all being advisors (me including) to those who have been running this for 10 years and who have all the business numbers that we simply don't have. ;)
I think they did the right thing by lowering taxidermy costs in em$ while raising it in gm$. It went from 1 em$ = 17 gm$ to 1 em$ = 250 gm$. That ratio might be extreme when applied to weapons etc. but as a test case it could provide some feedback.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

HooCairs wrote:

OK Hoo, maybe I am thinking more in terms of how I really need not to spend and can have unlimited, unencumbered playing because I have been here and bought everything I could ever need, and lots I never really will use again.
But just as the grind may be tougher than skybird depicts, the fact remains that for 10 years , and over 1/2 of that on Steam, people had the opportunity to buy in, or grind when it was even tougher to grind.
Just seems that people that spend have already done that, and those that didn't still won't but will play because they can hunt everything.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

RickC wrote:
Mashuu wrote:Is this a thing now? Thought we would get ammo with a weapon purchase
Only .243 and 12 guage birdshot ammo is free now.
Is the birdshot free? It is still buyable in the store, while the .243 is not.

Guess I am going to level up that .243 :D
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Mashuu wrote:
RickC wrote:
Mashuu wrote:Is this a thing now? Thought we would get ammo with a weapon purchase
Only .243 and 12 guage birdshot ammo is free now.
Is the birdshot free? It is still buyable in the store, while the .243 is not.

Guess I am going to level up that .243 :D
All 12ga ammo is free. 3 boxes of each every game just like before.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

I just bought the .340 Weatherby. Since I have 0 kills with this gun, I did the quick math. I'm no genius in math by the way, but 68 GMS for 10 bullets comes to 6800 GMS to get to 1000 kills, if you have 1000 great kills in a row. I thought this 3rd time would be the last time I'd ever have to reset missions, but I'm blowing through GMS way to fast. I'd rather pay a membership and get free ammo. Nothing worse than having to go to the store before every hunt to buy ammo....over and over in single packs...which is worse than the worse I just said 2 seconds ago.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

But you dont have to buy one pack every hunt, you can simply buy a lot of ammo packs and just replenish once they are all gone.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

What I do is simply buy the ammo as I need it. If I take out any weapon, and use it even if I fire only a couple of rounds, I buy a box for every round I fire. Seems to work. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “General Chat”