Love the new model

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Love the new model

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Schlachtwolf ...

- I am / was not asking for perfection , but improvements and bug fixing attempts . Try to limitate the major issues , that as a direct results in the gameplay .
- I know nothing is perfect , especially in online games .
- Doesn't mean that , because it is free to play now , that i need to accept what kind of product they are giving now .
I can show my sadness and tell my opinion about it , especially when i was given a better game in the past .
- If none of the above '' bothers me '' list are affecting your game and / or you , that's awesome and am happy for you .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I think the new model has been a change for the better overall as core gameplay has not been damaged. I have TONS of stuff so the grind GMS is not an issue, but the chosen few who are moaning about 2 leftover bullets are really missing the point. This change was made to EXTEND the life of the game and make it easier to get new players in, I am 49 and was used to the old ways..... old dog and new tricks eh ;) but the young 18-20 yr old wants something more instant...now. If the new model allows ALL of us to get another 3-5 years out of the game then yippiedoodaa, the other option is no game at all and that would be a very sad day indeed. So stop the moaning, point out what bothers you or what improvements may be made but in a constructive way, having a few boxes with some leftover ammo 'aint breakin anyone nuts..... :!:

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
Please explain how after 10 year of exposure, and over half of that on Steam will making the game free increase revenue to extend the life of the game. A lot of people that have paid over the last ten years and were the reason the game has lasted are no longer required to do so under the new F2P. Do you really think they will now pay if they don't have to? Do you think there is anything they haven't already bought that they will need to spend money on?

Now that the game is free you will have all those people that did not want to pay playing and increasing the server load and cost. They didn't want to pay before, and now that it is free they certainly have no need too.

So net result is lost revenue from long time spenders, and increased cost from free players.
That means that cost to revenue is worse than before, and as it was there wasn't enough money to keep developing the game.

So while everyone loves the new model, who wouldn't it's free, the game will not be able to sustain itself meaning the end result is, it goes away.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

The players are foggy with Steam
The way we can play it would seem
And though they will grind
I'm sure they will find
It's long 'till the gun of your dream

So yes this old game is for free
But many a player like me
Wants items today
And for that they will pay
And so all the bills there my be

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

So instead of a direct answer we get a rhyme that says people will play to get what they want instead of pay
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
BigGameHunter_21
Scout

Post by BigGameHunter_21 »

I love the new model a little bit too much...kinda got carried away...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... image0.jpg
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

DHRifleman wrote:So instead of a direct answer we get a rhyme that says people will play to get what they want instead of pay
No read again they will pay... ;)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

BigGameHunter_21 wrote:I love the new model a little bit too much...kinda got carried away...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... image0.jpg
Hope you'll have time to use them all !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Schlachtwolf wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:So instead of a direct answer we get a rhyme that says people will play to get what they want instead of pay
No read again they will pay... ;)
Nice edit there, I should have quoted it ;)
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

I can live with the new model and I guess I have too,whatever they decide is what we have always had to live with in the past. I'm with DHR on the established players and spending. I'll never have to spend a dime on the game again. I have more stuff than I'll ever use now and if I ever do want something I have gms and ems out the yin yang from the membership buyback and harvest bounty.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

How much gms do you have. My 150000 was soon depleted. Not saying I needed 8 more guns and stuff but. If I want to taxidermize one animal it's about 3-4 hours of hunting so there is some incentive besides supporting the game out of goodwill. They need to focus the resources on the future I stopped paying because classic go to old and wasn't worth it. But I love it. I left soon after they released the grizzly reserve so busy exploring that one.

Return to “General Chat”