Love the new model

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Muglug
Scout

Re: Love the new model

Post by Muglug »

It does not matter if 5,000+ players play the F2P game, no revenue.....game will end before December 2019.

just my opinion.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Muglug wrote:It does not matter if 5,000+ players play the F2P game, no revenue.....game will end before December 2019.

just my opinion.
Actually it's not an opinion. It's a fact. A fact which seems to escape some people.

Like Jimbo said, hopefully enough of them will pay. I sincerely hope so. The ultimate scenario is that the new model makes more money than the old one. You never know. Logic would dictate not though, since people attracted to a F2P game are generally looking for a free, or relatively cheap experience.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

caledonianblues wrote:since people attracted to a F2P game are generally looking for a free, or relatively cheap experience.
... When you consider that right now, a full box of .22 ammo will barely get you 20 Turkeys , imo that ain't cheap ! :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

caledonianblues wrote:
Muglug wrote:It does not matter if 5,000+ players play the F2P game, no revenue.....game will end before December 2019.

just my opinion.
Actually it's not an opinion. It's a fact. A fact which seems to escape some people.

Like Jimbo said, hopefully enough of them will pay. I sincerely hope so. The ultimate scenario is that the new model makes more money than the old one. You never know. Logic would dictate not though, since people attracted to a F2P game are generally looking for a free, or relatively cheap experience.
Hi caledonianblues

What I wrote above is my opinion :) also what I wrote above "game will end before December 2019" is a fact that I believe to be true. :(

Of cause I want the game to never end but it will, because the influx of players are only here because its now F2P which is what they all ways wanted, so they will play for GMs and not/never pay for EMs,
they would not be here if they had to pay for one EM.

now that's a fact and for me its true.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

"fact " in a debate / arguement should never be used. there is no proof of what anyone has said is true. so hardly fact. the sad thing is some will believe whats said when it isnt a fact. think about what words are used and what effect it can have on the community. for whatever reason you choose.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:"fact " in a debate / arguement should never be used. there is no proof of what anyone has said is true. so hardly fact. the sad thing is some will believe whats said when it isnt a fact. think about what words are used and what effect it can have on the community. for whatever reason you choose.
Muglug stated that player numbers are irrelevant, and that if there is no revenue, the game will be dead by the end of the year. Unless I'm mistaken, Expansive Worlds is not a charity. I understand your excitement over the number of people playing the game, but the bottom line is that number is absolutely irrelevant. Do you think Pim sends an email to the team every week asking how many people are playing theHunter Classic? No, he doesn't, because he couldn't give two hoots how many people are playing the game. He cares about how much money the game has made, and that's what he'll take into consideration when he decides whether or not to pull the plug. You do understand that if the number of players increases incommensurately to the number of spenders, we have a major problem, right? A buzzing forum and a million multiplayer games available to join doesn't mean anything if all the new blood joined the game because they now don't have to spend any money.

To reiterate, I'm not entirely opposed to the new model. Something obviously had to be done, things were clearly desperate, and for all we know this might just be the way to bring in a bunch of spenders. But quoting how many people are playing the game is just meaningless. It could be 10 million. It doesn't make a difference how many people play. It only matters how many people buy em$. When you have that figure, then I will be interested. Until then, I will continue to highlight the irrelevance of such posts.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Come on guys. There is very little difference now between the Classic model and the Cotw model. Apart from the fact that in Cotw one has to buy the map Dlc before one can play on it. The downloads cost $5.00. Hardly a income golden egg considering that they are only purchased once. After that its grind for in game currency, no shortcuts to real money to buy in game items, cheaper than chips to continue playing.
If Cotw can make enough money to survive then Classic should do the same. In Classic the cost of Dlcs is substituted by the ability to spend real money on store items. Exactly what the NOW generation wants.
There are a lot of guys that cant run Cotw on their computers and classic offers a less computer resource hungry game with monetary shortcuts to content that they can play.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

slazia wrote:I think paying for ammo actually improves the game. It makes you more careful with your shots and I enjoy the feeling of getting a good kill that will pay for my current ammo.
Agreed! I generally like it as well.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

slazia wrote:I think paying for ammo actually improves the game.
How does paying for ammo improve the game ?? Pls tell me . Because if it's true , i'll spend all my money right now !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DYEUZ wrote:
slazia wrote:I think paying for ammo actually improves the game.
How does paying for ammo improve the game ?? Pls tell me . Because if it's true , i'll spend all my money right now !
slazia wrote:I think paying for ammo actually improves the game. It makes you more careful with your shots and I enjoy the feeling of getting a good kill that will pay for my current ammo.
Um..., he explains the statement in the next sentence. Essentially, it makes it more realistic. For anyone concerned with how much they spend, they will be more conscious when they pull the trigger.
For many, "more realistic" = "better" ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”