Love the new model

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Love the new model

Post by XxStrong1xX »

To try to bring this thread back on track I will say I am also really enjoying the new model so far. I said I would reserve judgement until I tried it out and I will now say I approve. There could be some tweaks here or there but most of the costs seem reasonable. Every hunt I have had so far I have made money(gm). Seems to be way more players again and I think the game still has a good bit of life left in it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to even see some more new development coming. Good job EW! I wished for this for many years and I am glad to finally see the change. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

XxStrong1xX wrote:To try to bring this thread back on track I will say I am also really enjoying the new model so far. I said I would reserve judgement until I tried it out and I will now say I approve. There could be some tweaks here or there but most of the costs seem reasonable. Every hunt I have had so far I have made money(gm). Seems to be way more players again and I think the game still has a good bit of life left in it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to even see some more new development coming. Good job EW! I wished for this for many years and I am glad to finally see the change. :)
Yes i agree this and feel the same.
Skybird
Hunter

Post by Skybird »

DHRifleman wrote: The problem isn't with 1/2 ammo boxes it is with ones with 1 or 2 because they take the same space as a full box. Meaning you have less usable carry capacity. In what world would a hunter go out with a short amount of ammo because that is what was left in the box on the shelf.
Had this this morning. Strangely, no problem for my loadout at all. If it is somethign that you see problems with, fire the empty rounds into the air at playing start, and then replace the empty box with a new one. If you can aim well, you can easily afford that by earning sufficient CSS scores. Or just load a full one into your inventory from beginning on, leaving the broken boxes at the lodges.

Really, people. These are absolutely minor things that get blown up to big stage dramas.

Anyway, I am getting tired of all this theatre thunder again already, like I got tired already some years ago, and so leave the forum again now. Save your time if wanting to reply to me. While you type, I already play again. At least me will get what I want that way. :D Got a PM this morning by a friendly unknown guy, warning me of wasting time in this toxic place. Well, he spoke good advise. Thanks all, bye.
hours: >960 / Hunter Score: >8400
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Yea it is a shame, I was actually happy to see a positive thread post...until I got a few posts in to it....I am happy with the new model. Full stop. so ner.... suck it all ye naysayers!!
slazia
Tracker

Post by slazia »

To be honest, the negative comments are a good thing. The players love the game and small things really bother them from an otherwise amazing experience. There's always going to be complaints, but that's a good thing! It shows people care.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Skybird wrote:
DHRifleman wrote: The problem isn't with 1/2 ammo boxes it is with ones with 1 or 2 because they take the same space as a full box. Meaning you have less usable carry capacity. In what world would a hunter go out with a short amount of ammo because that is what was left in the box on the shelf.
Had this this morning. Strangely, no problem for my loadout at all. If it is somethign that you see problems with, fire the empty rounds into the air at playing start, and then replace the empty box with a new one. If you can aim well, you can easily afford that by earning sufficient CSS scores. Or just load a full one into your inventory from beginning on, leaving the broken boxes at the lodges.

Really, people. These are absolutely minor things that get blown up to big stage dramas.

Anyway, I am getting tired of all this theatre thunder again already, like I got tired already some years ago, and so leave the forum again now. Save your time if wanting to reply to me. While you type, I already play again. At least me will get what I want that way. :D Got a PM this morning by a friendly unknown guy, warning me of wasting time in this toxic place. Well, he spoke good advise. Thanks all, bye.
Glad you had no problem and have the answers to all the questions, you are so helpful thank you.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I think the new model has been a change for the better overall as core gameplay has not been damaged. I have TONS of stuff so the grind GMS is not an issue, but the chosen few who are moaning about 2 leftover bullets are really missing the point. This change was made to EXTEND the life of the game and make it easier to get new players in, I am 49 and was used to the old ways..... old dog and new tricks eh ;) but the young 18-20 yr old wants something more instant...now. If the new model allows ALL of us to get another 3-5 years out of the game then yippiedoodaa, the other option is no game at all and that would be a very sad day indeed. So stop the moaning, point out what bothers you or what improvements may be made but in a constructive way, having a few boxes with some leftover ammo 'aint breakin anyone nuts..... :!:

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Schlachtwolf wrote:So stop the moaning, point out what bothers you
Thx for asking and giving me this opportunity !

What bothers me :

- Animals getting stuck behind rocks , trees , etc , for many minutes .
- Me getting stuck behind the smallest rock or invisible stuff .
- Hitboxes being way off on not just Bears , but many other species now .
- Getting my arrows hit the frame of a tower's window or a tree , even though it's 2 feet clearing it .
- Getting a track of a wild Boar of 230 kg and when spotted , he lost 40kg with a possible high score of 900 .
- Some Goose now can be seen , 5 feet above the ground when they have landed .
- Goose not roaming no more , but just pivoting on themselves .
- The noise we make when we walk .
- The overdone trotting of the animals .
- HunterMate is useless and very deceiving most of times for me .
- The swirling like a snake behavior of the wolf and the chasing all the time .
- Sound of waves on shore , when the water is barely moving .
- Animals at far distances can be half buried in ground or be levitating , not touching it .
- Animals going pass boundaries . i.e. Polar Bears / Dall sheep , far at sea , where they never went before ERR .
- Weather system .
- Since ERR , way less animals to be seen . Reserves feels empty .
- Since ERR, animals can be seen completely submerged in water , just standing there .
- Borderlines of some maps are way off .
- Euro Rabbits coming in and out of holes in a second all the time .
- The Feral Goats should have 3 LB , because of having 3 kinds / styles of horns .
- You can see through rocks sometimes .
- You can see poop , tracks , rocks floating in mid-air .
- Trophy pic mode : Handling rag doll animals is not easy sometimes .
- Many trees in TgT should be good for TS , but they're not .
- H/L shots , changing to intestines and / or body shots .
- Some species can still be seen fleeing in circles .

NOW, i just showed you what bothers me , like asked . Nothing negative or unconstructive here .
These are my views of this game that bothers me .

I am passionate about this game and have been for almost 6 years . There is nothing wrong in telling what the game is missing .
If guys like me , wouldn't talk at all , and reading all of the other people's comment about this game , one would think that it's flawless and a great , super game !
But it's not . So leave people like me alone who tells , shows the other side of the game .

Again , my post is not rude , offensive and doesn't break any rules . You have a list of things that are cool and fun , show it .
I will say this again , the only thing , for me and maybe lots of others , that got me addicted to this game in the past and in the beginning , IS THE WAY IT LOOKS .
Gameplay on the other hand , FOR ME , is not of good quality . Since looks is second to me , that's why i am angry that we will be left with a game the way it is .

Do you really think i care about buying ammo !? About selling animals !? About items being with both em$ / gm$ !? Hell no !!
But having all that i've mentioned above STAY in the game and still affecting my gameplay , that i find hard to digest .

Thx Schlachtwolf for letting me speak .
Last edited by DYEUZ on May 11th, 2019, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Hmmm you have made a list of bugs/issues some of which are around since 10 years I guess, and I respect your opinion but that is not going to change much now. For example animals getting stuck, floating are old code issues and/or rendering limitations for inanimate objects.... it is not perfect on that I agree with you BUT..... we now have a game that costs nothing to play except our valuble time. I have played many games over the years ie. Heros in the Sky I was in the top 10 on the US server (german one was poo) and NOTHING I have ever played was perfect. The positives of this game massively outweigh the negatives in theHunter. As we have found out before in any old game fixing a "minor" problem in old code with new tech can open a can of worms that could break the game completely. I am happy to struggle with my ragdolls....

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

XxStrong1xX wrote:To try to bring this thread back on track I will say I am also really enjoying the new model so far. I said I would reserve judgement until I tried it out and I will now say I approve. There could be some tweaks here or there but most of the costs seem reasonable. Every hunt I have had so far I have made money(gm). Seems to be way more players again and I think the game still has a good bit of life left in it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to even see some more new development coming. Good job EW! I wished for this for many years and I am glad to finally see the change. :)
Amen to that brother!

Return to “General Chat”