Gasoline too expensive

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Gasoline too expensive

Post by Hawkeye »

DHRifleman wrote:
VonStratos wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Why give the gas back that was included in membership if the ammo that was also included is no longer there. Don't think it was a mistake, just everything you paid for in your membership fee is now al a carte. Well except for all the animals, reserves, MP, and Avatar pictures, but those are all things that never had a separate price tag like the ammo and fuel.

F2P still not free enough.

Well that is a valid interpretation, but consider this, we are all "members" now, no more guest players, and the jeep is still advertising free gas in each hunt.
* This vehicle requires fuel to be driven. Fuel depletes at a rate of 1 unit / 150 meters. 50 units of fuel are given for free to all members at the start of a hunt.
That is written right now in the vehicle description, so, if any old or new player buy it he/she will expect that amount of gas free in each hunt, so something is wrong, it can be the description or the replenishment of gas(false advertisement or a bug/oversight), but at least one is in need of a quick fix.
And something a little more pressing is the advertised box codes and Steam still selling the memberships, so the fuel wording change may take a while. And really what is expected for free
Steam is no longer selling bundles of any kind.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Well that is a plus, now they need to deal with the box codes.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Kraytex1

Post by Kraytex1 »

Just bought a Ranger in sale, put it down in a reserve and NO FUEL. So I checked the description again, and yes.. it still states you start with 50 fuel each hunt. Then I dug further to find they have removed that, but failed to remove it from the description. I have requested a refund on my order as I was mis-sold it.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Kraytex1 wrote:Just bought a Ranger in sale, put it down in a reserve and NO FUEL. So I checked the description again, and yes.. it still states you start with 50 fuel each hunt. Then I dug further to find they have removed that, but failed to remove it from the description. I have requested a refund on my order as I was mis-sold it.
The first ever vehicle is now rolling into the EHR. The Park Ranger features a vintage look combined with a comfortable interior design. When it comes to specs, it features 4WD, 31-inch tires, modified steel skid plates and more to be able to bring out the most in this beast. It also comes with heated front seats and air conditioning to keep you warm or cool when driving through hot or cold reserves.

Gameplay Characteristics:
* Drives at speeds up to 45 kph (Approx. 28 mph) to maintain safety regulations in the EHR.
* Spooks animals close by while being driven or exited. Spooked animals are considered unethical until they stop fleeing from the vehicle.
*The Park Ranger can be driven in all reserves except Whiterime Ridge and Piccabeen Bay.
* Can hold up to 1 passenger in the passenger seat. The passenger seat can be locked to prevent/eject unwanted players from joining you on a hunt.
* The Park Ranger has a storage capacity of 20 kgs.
* Park Rangers can only be spawned by a road or at a lodge.
* If allowed, up to 2 vehicles can be spawned in a multiplayer session.
* This vehicle requires fuel to be driven. Fuel depletes at a rate of 1 unit / 150 meters. 50 units of fuel are given for free to all members at the start of a hunt.
* The Park Ranger can be driven on roads and off road, but keep in mind that it can still get stuck and even result in death if driven irresponsibly.
* Cannot be driven while enlisted in any competition.

no membership anymore --- no free fuel
Kraytex1

Post by Kraytex1 »

Removing membership and keeping a line like that in the description only leads to confusion.

As far as I was concerned, I am a member of the game. How the devil am I supposed to know there used to be a membership.

It's either very lazy of the developer to leave this in, or a way for them to trick new players into buying.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

I also wanted that clarified, because i would only buy it if I get some free fuel. Afaik this is called "The Hunter", not "The Gasoline Tank"
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

F2P not F2D
It only went F2P 10 days ago, and they didn't quite find all the descriptions that needed to be changed. At least the game is free now so nothing to really complain about.

Really no different than having paid for membership and now it is converted to em$. No one else can get a refund on that, and it was clear what the membership fee paid for at the time, and now it doesn't.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

This is even worse than you think. If you do buy fuel it only lasts the duration of the hunt. So even if you only drive 200m after filling it up with gas, when you start the next game ... its bloody empty again.
There needs to be a minimum distance for each fill of gas that carries over to the next session if you dont use it all.
There should also be the ability to carry spare gas with you rather than having to return to a lodge to refuel.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:This is even worse than you think. If you do buy fuel it only lasts the duration of the hunt. So even if you only drive 200m after filling it up with gas, when you start the next game ... its bloody empty again.
There needs to be a minimum distance for each fill of gas that carries over to the next session if you dont use it all.
There should also be the ability to carry spare gas with you rather than having to return to a lodge to refuel.

what? so you the tank drains on hunt end and you loose it all?. surely if thats true that need addressing. you sure a partially used can isn't in your inventory?. ive not bought a jeep yet so cant test for myself
Takoygekakvse

Post by Takoygekakvse »

Join. Return the fuel!
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”