Did they nerf the .22?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Did they nerf the .22?

Post by Ravenousfox »

So I can confirm the .22 Pistol was nerfed.
Before you could body hit Turkey at 130m out and they would die about 3 sec wound time now they survive.
In addition neck hits DON'T drop Turkey anymore at 130m before hitting the neck would drop them at that range.
ALSO the bullet drop is noticeable lower now.

Here's a harvest sheet of a Turkey I shot that ran for a bit before dying with a neck hit: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/rave ... /648375005
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

BearJohnson wrote:The following report has been registered with "Help support":

"This problem has a forum discussion atm:

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=89956

I NEED the .22 nerf to be fixed because it is affecting my ability to complete the following mission:

Too many numbers...
Description
Well so far Ol' Drumstick is mighty impressed. Got me a true ally.

Time fer y'all to clean up these mean streets. Go bag me 4 o' those wing'd criminals. 4 Toms with a .22.. But Ol' Drumstick'll make it fun. 13 and a half meter or less hero, let's see those beady black eyes.

So yer gonna need 6 shots or maybe only 5?
Objectives
Harvest a male Turkey, with a .22 Pistol, from 13.5 m (approx. 44.3 ft.) or less.
Harvest a male Turkey, with a .22 Pistol, from 13.5 m (approx. 44.3 ft.) or less.
Rewards
3800 gm$

BECAUSE of the nerfing - I CANNOT kill a turkey with one shot with the .22 LR

I am not the only person having difficulty with this problem."
Why don't you just headshot/neck shot the Turkey for that mission, would do the trick I'm sure. (my previous post explains)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Ravenousfox wrote:Why don't you just headshot/neck shot the Turkey for that mission, would do the trick I'm sure. (my previous post explains)
Yeah I figured that out.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Good news, apparently the .22 pistol has been fixed, i can not say it for sure, but i went to test it in the range, and then with some rabbits and is ok, under 50mts there is minimal bullet drop, and the power is normal, i shoot 2 rabbits, both with 1 shot only, one instant drop the other ran like 5 mts, just like was before the bug, here is the hunt:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vonh ... n/86074033

The bad news, the Plinkington still have massive bullet drop, still barely can aim at 100mts mark when before it was and easy thing to pick targets well over 150mts, i haven't tested if the power of the shots was restored but the range sure still is bugged.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Sir Bradock

Post by Sir Bradock »

just tested it for myself , still unable to kill those airborne Canadian Geese with the .22 for the mission (and I had several hits on them at close range) ... so nope still not working (at least not for me :( )
hopakee

Post by hopakee »

Sir Bradock wrote:just tested it for myself , still unable to kill those airborne Canadian Geese with the .22 for the mission (and I had several hits on them at close range) ... so nope still not working (at least not for me :( )
Had similar issue where I had to double tap them in order to bring them down. 2 shots would always take them down for me, never had to hit 3 or more.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I haven't tested in geese yet, but i can see the effective range is still lower than was used to be, but at least at something as 40mts is working, i shoot at some ducks swimming and they died in one shot, so the power at that distance is back to normal, but it seem that it will be really hard to take down geese flying away like was before when was possible to get geese at over 100mts without much bullet drop, and the Plinkington is still budged it seem.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

VonStratos wrote:the Plinkington still have massive bullet drop, still barely can aim at 100mts mark when before it was and easy thing to pick targets well over 150mts, i haven't tested if the power of the shots was restored but the range sure still is bugged.
Yes, sad. I took 1 shot with the Plinkington and when I saw the bullet drop in the water 3m before my duck, I decided this gun had become practically useless.
Giuh
Spotter

Post by Giuh »

This is so disappointing. Bought the .22 pistol to finish up the turkey missions, and I've got to say it's almost impossible for me.

Shot a turkey from a tree stand, literally looking down to him, aimed to the neck/head. It gave me body shot, I just bought the pistol for this missions so it's level 1 and I might miss the neck, but not even lungs or heart? I track it hoping it dies quickly but nope, followed for 3 kilometers (40min+ wound time) and still wouldn't die, so I had to shoot it down with the .17 rifle.

I cannot believe they nerf a gun like this even when there are missions behind that needs it. I would catalogue the .22 as not suitable for turkeys anymore because it's not!

This is the path (from the tent/stand to where I am):

First shot with the .22 pistol, second shot with the .17 HV rounds (notice the wound time):
Since 2012 sucking at theHunter :D
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

"nerf" seems to imply intentional. I doubt they did it on purpose. Rather it was an old bug that somehow found it's way back into live code.
Hopefully they will fix it. But I'm not sure if there is anyone left on the team that can fix it. ??
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”