CSS farming to buy Ammo

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Extort713
Tracker

Re: CSS farming to buy Ammo

Post by Extort713 »

JM Hunter wrote:
atc86 wrote:I can get upwards of 1500gms per hour.(only done a couple of hunts though so needs more testing to get an average) But I later looked again at CSS scores and magpie goose is by far more efficient. I just need to save up for the setup ;)

I did a magpie goose hunt recently. 3 hour hunt. 59 geese, 2,107 GMs with the 12 gauge primal pump. My wallet shows payouts from 6 to 76 GMs

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hypo ... n/86059315
Idk how many decoys you have, but I would suggest starting a new game after 2 hours at least, you will def kill more magpie(or any waterfowl) per hour by getting into fresh hunts more frequently. I say this because I'm averaging around 60 birds in 1.5h(with 24 decoys), and 3 hours sounds like you might be waiting longer than 10 minutes for another flock to come after that 2 hour mark.
Last edited by Extort713 on May 20th, 2019, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

ronMctube wrote:
atc86 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
kind of numbers you getting per hour?
I can get upwards of 1500gms per hour.(only done a couple of hunts though so needs more testing to get an average) But I later looked again at CSS scores and magpie goose is by far more efficient. I just need to save up for the setup ;)
cant see you getting 1500 per hr.but would love to see the stats for doing it though.
You would have to average around 50 css per bird, which would mean he's getting a lot more males than females, I did the math after 6 different hunts(roughly 300 birds) and my average is like 38-39.
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

ronMctube wrote:
atc86 wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
kind of numbers you getting per hour?
I can get upwards of 1500gms per hour.(only done a couple of hunts though so needs more testing to get an average) But I later looked again at CSS scores and magpie goose is by far more efficient. I just need to save up for the setup ;)
cant see you getting 1500 per hr.but would love to see the stats for doing it though.

Yeah I may have completed a mission the first time I tested, tested it again... If you get a decent spawn of Turkey and coyote you can hit the 1000 gms though pretty easy.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

birds you get about 20 gms avg. so 50 turkey in 1 hr. not happening.

even with yotes. seems very unlikely. what would be interesting is to see whats the highest you can actually earn per hour. whos got them stats to show actual highest earnings ? youd think duck or geese hunting would probably be the best payout.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

ronMctube wrote:birds you get about 20 gms avg. so 50 turkey in 1 hr. not happening.

even with yotes. seems very unlikely. what would be interesting is to see whats the highest you can actually earn per hour. whos got them stats to show actual highest earnings ? youd think duck or geese hunting would probably be the best payout.
Turkeys aren't like most birds regarding CSS at all.
Not too difficult to get one over 100; max CSS is 140.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

hmmm ...weird how turkey are so high . wonder why that is ?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

ronMctube wrote:hmmm ...weird how turkey are so high . wonder why that is ?
I'd guess that's because they're considerably smarter, thus harder to hunt, than fowl in general.
You do have to consider the females are always 0, though.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you can often get groups of males though so with a bow could be good will have to try this out. is it harder to shoot 50 pheasants vs 10 male turkey ? id probably go with more effort with the pheasants. so being smart doesnt really matter. its interesting though.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

Hm, is this really what we are now doing, working as turkey hunters?

Can someone give an estimate how much GM$/h we can make with turkey farming? I tested with mallards one day and harvested 120 ducks in 3.5 hours for 2178 gm$
Thats ~622 GM$/h doing something that is actually fun (plus the money from missions of course).

If someone can do 1000 that would be interesting. 1000 hours TheHunter x 1000 = 1,000,000 gm$

In that respect, is there a comp who will be the first millionaire?
TheColton

Post by TheColton »

first i have to say that i dont like this discussion, cause grinding gm$ through one single animal sounds horrible and would totally ruin the game for me. for those that want to find the best average per hour, im pretty sure that focussing on missions is the way to go. you can make more than half a million gm$ and i think its easily doable in under 500 hours, maybe even 250. that makes an average between 1000 and 2000gm$, while experiencing every reserve and species in the game and i didnt even consider the amount of gm$ u get from shooting the animals during your journey. and when you're finally done you can reset and start all over again. doesnt that sound more enjoyable than shooting 200k ducks? and dont forget to do the reset with real money at least, cause this beautiful game wont be around for too much longer, if we're all just grinding gm$.

Return to “General Chat”