CSS farming to buy Ammo

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: CSS farming to buy Ammo

Post by VonStratos »

If 12ga really goes free then is irrelevant to "grind" for gms, at least for ammo, you may want grind efficient and fast for a expensive item, but you will get ammo covered just by hunting normally, now if only .243 is free i guess a reserve with bobcat and coyote plus some ethical deer could be the most suited, it comes to my mind Loggers and WH.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

HunterBooth wrote:HooCairs, the thumbnail for the Polar Bear is linked to "Sitka Deer". ;)
Nice catch. Thank you! Fixed. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
lmp1986

Post by lmp1986 »

If 12ga stays free like it is now, farming Euro bunnies might be a pretty decent way of earning gm$. They aren't worth a lot individually but I can bag a whole lot more of them than lynxes and bobcats.

But unless you're saving for something, I don't see a need to farm gm$. You should easily recoup your ammo costs by just playing the game, unless you're very wasteful with your shots.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

This is not short term action... so there is no reason to hurry up farming gm$. Just play as normal and dont worry about ammo. If you spare same gm$ feel free to spend it. If not, jus wait some time when you will have enough gm$. There is not any sale with gm$ (only on em$ price). Just focus on short term missions pack with rifle as reward. (there is some mission broken, we must wait when EW fix it).
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

just to see what potential this has i went on a magpie goose hunt and hunted as i always do taking some chance shots and i used the sxs 16 guage so a few got away. 25 minutes fired 30 shots, got 20 geese giving me 663.5 CSS. funny enough the highest goose scored 67.4 which is as close as it needs to be to paying for the box of ammo.

i think hunting smart, picking the shots with the 12g pump or 10guage you could get this to 1k gm$ per box of ammo inside 20 mins. which will have you buying whatever you want inside a weekend play.
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

I have had little success. The areas seems deserted to me. My calls seem to make animals walk away too. Unless it is a doe, then it walks over me
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Just hunt normally. If you shoot 8 females and 2 medium sized males of most deer species you will pay for your ammo. Thats a good enough ratio for even new hunters to stay afloat.
If you want to make more GMs to build up a surplus then, animals that score from both genders like feral hogs and wild boars, birds, cattle and reindeer etc are the way to go.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

L3M182 wrote:just to see what potential this has i went on a magpie goose hunt and hunted as i always do taking some chance shots and i used the sxs 16 guage so a few got away. 25 minutes fired 30 shots, got 20 geese giving me 663.5 CSS. funny enough the highest goose scored 67.4 which is as close as it needs to be to paying for the box of ammo.

i think hunting smart, picking the shots with the 12g pump or 10guage you could get this to 1k gm$ per box of ammo inside 20 mins. which will have you buying whatever you want inside a weekend play.
Indeed.
I'm grinding those and it yields about 1800 gm$, or 50-60 vultures per hour, minus the ammo cost. So you can count on making 1.5k an hour.
Spoiler:
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

BuiuRei wrote:
L3M182 wrote:just to see what potential this has i went on a magpie goose hunt and hunted as i always do taking some chance shots and i used the sxs 16 guage so a few got away. 25 minutes fired 30 shots, got 20 geese giving me 663.5 CSS. funny enough the highest goose scored 67.4 which is as close as it needs to be to paying for the box of ammo.

Indeed.
I'm grinding those and it yields about 1800 gm$, or 50-60 vultures per hour, minus the ammo cost. So you can count on making 1.5k an hour.
Indeed magpie are probably the easiest way to grind out gm$, earned around 2k in an hour with 16 decoys, and hunting more until I get 24 decoys.
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

I've been having pretty good luck farming the golden tree stand on WHI. Turkey, Coyote, Blacktail and Elk all pretty high CSS.

Return to “General Chat”