Don't you hate it when this happens?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Don't you hate it when this happens?

Post by BearJohnson »

I KNOW this thread title will be around for a while...

My first, "Don't you hate it when..."

You are standing on a mountain ledge in Timberhold scoping the valley below for Bighorns, when your DOG nudges you off the edge, where you fall to your death.

Moral to the story: ALWAYS keep first aid kits in your bag...

Your turn...

What is YOUR "Don't you hate it when..." moment?
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Don't you hate it when this happens?

Post by DYEUZ »

Don't you hate it when...

... You see a track of 240kg high end Wild Boar and it's 60 mins old ,but these pigs are not that common and you decide to go track it ,because you are in a TH pig comp .
So you track and you track and you track until you are within couple minutes from him , but you are so excited , at the fact that it can be a big one , that you failed in sneaking up on him and he spooks without even gotten the chance to spot him . I wasn't even real close to him either .

Oh well, here we go in tracking again . And you track and he flees and trot and flees .
Then !! In a magical moment ,after spending your afternoon tracking him, you see the beast ! Take the binocs / spotter out and he freakin' lost 30 kgs !!! Now , he is 210kg high end !

You decide to shoot him anyway , in rage , because you spent all this time on this!!
He drops and when you claim him , he is a fan-tas-tic ! 189 kg with a humongous score of 856 !!!

What a waste of time !
For your information , i am 20/20 on the WB and species maxed out .

The end
Last edited by Hawkeye on April 25th, 2019, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profanity

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

You kill the lodge animal of your dreams and can't claim him because of the long standing harvest bug. :cry:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

When you forgot to put a password on your server.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

XxStrong1xX wrote:You kill the lodge animal of your dreams and can't claim him because of the long standing harvest bug. :cry:
Yep, that's a big one.

Don't you hate when you can't fit that thing on your inventory because it's 0.01 bigger than it should?
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I hate when i am in a competition with the one shot one kill rule, i make intestine shot, animals flees, it wont die and instead get a health pack and becomes immortal, making my attempt void.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

VonStratos wrote:I hate when i am in a competition with the one shot one kill rule, i make intestine shot, animals flees, it wont die and instead get a health pack and becomes immortal, making my attempt void.
Another big one for sure.
Spoiler:
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

VonStratos wrote:I hate when i am in a competition with the one shot one kill rule, i make intestine shot, animals flees, it wont die and instead get a health pack and becomes immortal, making my attempt void.
That was a bad rule when it was added, it is still a bad rule, and will remain a bad rule as long as the hit boxes are screwed up, which now will be forever. One of the main reasons I quit joining the comps.
Spoiler:
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

INTIMID883R wrote:
That was a bad rule when it was added, it is still a bad rule, and will remain a bad rule as long as the hit boxes are screwed up, which now will be forever. One of the main reasons I quit joining the comps.
Exactly, with the hitboxes this rule is horrible! I love that BCkidd hosts all these great comps but i skip most of them because he insists on this rule.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

When you go for a hunt and pack the gear and weapons for hunting small game and spot a massive mule deer 300m from a lodge. Have to walk all the way back because you just fast travelled, grab a caller and suitable weapon, return to the spot and lose the trail.

Return to “General Chat”