What’s the longest possible shot?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: What’s the longest possible shot?

Post by INTIMID883R »

At present time in game, you can buy a shooting mat and get in your practice without buying 6500 tracers. I was not so fortunate several years ago when I started. I have sent you a PM with some further instruction if you want to try for some distance shooting with your bow. Just remember you have to walk before you can run. Start at close range and work your way up. GL
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Hunt_Training wrote:I have looked at the good video-explanation on the long shots by HooCairs (that was done before the extension of render distance in the game): I wonder if that is also valid for such longer shots, and even using arrows rather than firearms.
The theory remains the same. When shooting arrows it helps to have another person at the bottom with the animal. That person can lure the animal to a certain place over and over, but also give instructions and information to the top of the mountain where the arrows land. Arrows have an advantage over bullets that they can be lobbed down in an arc, allowing for longer shots in certain areas such as the one for this bison. Rifle shots need a straight line which causes some limitations.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

INTIMID883R and HooCairs,
thanks to both of you for your interesting explanations.
I don't think I will ever have the patience and diligence needed for such noticeable results... even if I'm Training, after all. ;)
So this increases my admiration for what a commitment like yours can achieve! My compliments.
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

Biggeorge2525

Post by Biggeorge2525 »

I have my game options set at all max and I don’t seem to be able to see animals longer out than about 310 meters? How do you even see 600 meters?
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Biggeorge2525 wrote:I have my game options set at all max and I don’t seem to be able to see animals longer out than about 310 meters? How do you even see 600 meters?
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shooting
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
wisconsinwhitetail

Post by wisconsinwhitetail »

how come i can only see out to about 300 meters? i see people who have shot much farther than this. my game settings are all maxed out. am i doing something wrong? i dont understand how people can get 400 meter shots when i can only see out to 300-230meters?
wisconsinwhitetail

Post by wisconsinwhitetail »

Tod1d wrote:
Biggeorge2525 wrote:I have my game options set at all max and I don’t seem to be able to see animals longer out than about 310 meters? How do you even see 600 meters?
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shooting

thanks, I just saw this now.

Return to “General Chat”