5 days no new posts

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: 5 days no new posts

Post by VonStratos »

I think a good way to see what comes for the rest of the year will be the 10 years celebrations events, we usually have Christmas, Halloween and other events that introduce new items, features, etc, but a 10 years event is well, a thing of 10years, it should be bigger and better than any yearly event, with news and items and surprises to say "this is alive and rocking" unless is not, so i hope we get some nice news on the next month.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

rhapsodaisical wrote:Steam charts have always been a big fail for Classic. I hope they realise the potentials of steam for a change and have a different DLC policy and some sales.
The Steam ratings are low because EW prefers to promote the game as F2P, even though most would expect F2P gives access to all functions. They rather have the F2P tag hoping to lure in new players, at the cost of low ratings. I never thought this was a good idea. Steam ratings are very important. Of course one needs to always read where the ratings come from. Maybe the game started out badly and dropped in the ratings, and then later did "everything" right, but now it still suffers from the old bad ratings. In the case of theHunter the ratings never raised, they keep getting bad reports even now, after it has grown into a huge game with loads of content, still for the same price of even lower than when it started 10 years ago.

A recent Steam rating:
downloaded the game, started game, after searching for 1 ♥♥♥♥ing hour, i found a animal, THAT I DONT HAVE LICENSE FOR
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

All the more reason to adapt to a steam situation as the players are often spoiled in the f2p market. They have 3 or 4 dlcs? I believe just one dog for about 15 gbp? thats ridiculous given f2p markets have small dlcs too.

Why not split up all the guns in 1 or 2 pound dlcs. Add a mandatory and (new) improved tutorial so the steam people dont start running around spooking everything on day one (and giving up to leave a bad review)

Then again, its been weeks since any news. not having an april fools jokes is only more witness to me that we are at the end of classic. As to me this speaks volumes about the mentality/priority of the game. After spending hundreds of pounds I expected a little more from the developer I supported the most of all my games ever played.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

We just have to let go of the idea that there is constantly new content added. You get a lot of game as it is if you are a member.

Even guests can enjoy the game, except for that constant message board in your face when a license is missing. :lol:
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

rhapsodaisical wrote:not having an april fools jokes
I was really hoping for a Battle Royale mode. Seems like an opportunity missed.

Return to “General Chat”