Waking up animals without spooking

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Waking up animals without spooking

Post by HooCairs »

I had a whitetail deer buck asleep in the woods. So far I thought there is no way to wake up sleeping animals. Of course you can shoot them while they are sleeping, but I wanted this one to get up. I fired an arrow next to it. It got up and walked around. :shock:

Repeated the same with an elk cow and it worked as well. It seems as long as the animal does not hear your bow, you can wake it up by shooting an arrow next to it.

Anyone up for trying this out yourself? :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Waking up animals without spooking

Post by caledonianblues »

That's how my wife wakes me up too. You should see the state of our mattress!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Animals seem to react to arrows landing close to them, plus you can walk to an animal and wake it up without spooking it (my opinion and it's hard to prove, but I'm firm in my belief), so I'd assume that if you find both true, landing an arrow right next to a sleeping animal should indeed cause it to wake up.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:That's how my wife wakes me up too. You should see the state of our mattress!
cb, you need to find out if she's a great shot... or a terrible shot, and sooner rather than later!! :lol: :lol:
HooCairs wrote:I had a whitetail deer buck asleep in the woods. So far I thought there is no way to wake up sleeping animals. Of course you can shoot them while they are sleeping, but I wanted this one to get up. I fired an arrow next to it. It got up and walked around. :shock:

Repeated the same with an elk cow and it worked as well. It seems as long as the animal does not hear your bow, you can wake it up by shooting an arrow next to it.

Hoo, I think you're onto something. I literally ran up on a bull elk that I couldn't see sleeping in the tall grass and shrubs, and he just got up and walked away. He didn't spook so I casually shot him with a pistol. I've never had that happen quite like that before.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

HooCairs wrote:I had a whitetail deer buck asleep in the woods. So far I thought there is no way to wake up sleeping animals. Of course you can shoot them while they are sleeping, but I wanted this one to get up. I fired an arrow next to it. It got up and walked around. :shock:

Well Hoo, I have tried much of your suggestions I'm up for slinging a few arrows near sleeping animals!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:That's how my wife wakes me up too. You should see the state of our mattress!
:lol:

So if she talked to you, you would spook?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

dont know if you can remember but there was someone who made a video years ago but what we used to do was go right upto them and blow callers to wake them up. back in ol days you could crawl right upto sleeping deer literally lie with them :D
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ronMctube wrote:dont know if you can remember but there was someone who made a video years ago but what we used to do was go right upto them and blow callers to wake them up. back in ol days you could crawl right upto sleeping deer literally lie with them :D
And now you know why it took them so long to add sheep. :lol:

Return to “General Chat”