Sliding Elk?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jim1975
Scout

Re: Sliding Elk?

Post by jim1975 »

This used to be an old bug of animals floating away. I've done similar on VDB but mine was a mix of Red Deer, Roe and Fox. I think there are 19 bodies in this pic. Then I had a Red start floating so I stopped. Click on the pics to enlarge:

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Well, here's a plot twist for you. I had killed a few elk, and had several around the treestand, but not near as many as you guys have pictured. I don't recall the exact count, but there was less than a dozen carcasses. Through the woods, I spot an elk moving on the road, but it didn't look right. I picked up the binos for a closer look and saw one of these sliding elk. Swapped the binos for the spotting scope for an even closer look, and found that this particular carcass was one of the pre-spawned wolf attracting elk carcasses, rather than one that I shot.

So with that in mind, that tells me that the spawned elk carcasses somehow contribute to whatever arbitrary carcass limit exists that is causing elk carcasses to start sliding around on TgT. That is why we only see it with elk and on TgT.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

One thing I can suggest you do not do especially on TGT, is shoot a big pile of animals a dozen or so, then go tracking one that ran off with your arrow in it before collecting the downed animals I've spoke of it before but I had about 15 on the ground, wolves, elk and deer - when I returned they were all gone - I started finding them scattered all over the place but unable to find them all. This I'm convinced, is quite similar to the issue when hunting geese where after too many are down they start floating. I think the geese float up because they have the ability to fly in their coding - with TGT I think it's the same thing causing them to go sliding along the ground.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”