Bobcat electronic caller working?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Bobcat electronic caller working?

Post by Hawkeye »

There is and always has been "something" that prevents the bobcats from being attracted to the e-caller. I have seen this behavior since the day they were released. I haven't been able to find out what that "something" is, but it appears to be the same for lynx. In some cases, I believe that the cat has been spooked at some point. Once they're spooked, they don't come to the e-caller no matter how long they remain in range of it, unless it is reset. I have had some success with turning it off for a few minutes, then turning it back on. I've seen this work on cats that I know are in the area, either from spotting or hearing.
Sp3aker

Post by Sp3aker »

Haven't had issues with the caller, recently got it in the past few weeks. But as said above, if they are spooked while coming into the call, they won't returnunless its reset. Try Rougarou northern forests for BC, it doesn't have hogs to spook off your game plus those forests are so beautiful(can we please get a working camo for those woods? Only thing that works there is deer clothing and that only covers WT)
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva...

I'm not a very experienced hunter, and just bought the caller two weeks ago (or something like that...) and It's been working as expected -as far as I know, I managed to catch my first lynx and some bobcats with it, since I bought it.

When I hear the call of the boobcat, I place it and turn it on, I go prone and of course wait, and wait... But in the last hunts in Settlers Creek for the Unsettled competition, I managed to get two or three with the electronic caller and a nearby tower. I also saw the problem with feral and bobcat- I was about to get a beautiful cat anda a damn hog crossed the path and the cat spooked... I Cursed that hog so much... in portuguese of course!! :lol:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

to get the best results from it fast travel to it not sit on it and wait.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I tried to use it today to no avail. First one I had just as I started the hunt from a tent. I saw it catching rabbits or something some 220-230 metres away. So may been just outside the range and then walked the wrong direction because I waited for ages. Can´t have been spooked I was in a tripod all the time.

Next one I also thought I got perfectly. Was in the middle tower. It was 90 metres from the tower with perfect wind. Appeared to be moving at least a meter towards me but it was essentially standing still. I turned around because a coyote came running. When I turned back the cat was just gone! I never found any flee tracks but there was tracks in both directions. I did loose track very quickly trying to track it. Now the server glitched I had reconnect messages that lasted some 5 seconds so probably just that. But this cat had some red coat I am sure it´s the rares I never ever get... Possibly good I never found it before closing the server. I did shoot a coyote but was not able to harvest it. Imagine it happen to the bobcat
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I tried fast travelling. Now I got a bobcat fast like lightning running in a loop. In the mid tower at loggers point again. Came in so fast I could never see him coming he was just there running full blaze in circles. Does this happen frequently? I had to use buckshot and it was a bit long distance. Waited a bit but he fleed just as fast and across the map. On a really bad shot no sense in ever tracking them it seems.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

I had one lynx at Hemmeldal that was lured with electronic caller and when I saw it it spooked but was running split a second than started roaming away than again fleeing and again roaming when I managed to kill it.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Stalking appear to be a really bad idea... I was in prone still and the bobcat spooked from 90 metres... what on earth
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It does work but why are bobcats crawling like turkeys. Feels like you need to wait 15 minutes to see if you got it hooked on the caller. Trying settlers and tent warping to places that had tracks before with treestand in place but no luck so far. There aint a tower like loggers where there is almost always one or two.

Do elevation on treestand matter? Got it just a meter or two up.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I am giving up for it at the moment. bobcat from a treestand mission. I am in a good area because every single time I do find tracks. This time I had a flee track 10 metres from my tent so I must have spawned right on top of him or is there anything other that can spook the cats besides the hunter? I have a preset electronic caller it maybe also spooks them even if it´s not activated? Anyway I noticed they did actually come back on a previous mission so I decided to really hang in there. I had some turkey and some deer coming and was about to give up after some 30 minutes when I got a call from another bobcat really close. Perfect direction can´t miss this one. But it was another 30 minutes for her to close that 50 metres??? But she did arrive. Then I was greeted 2 bobcats from treestand in settlers :p

Feels like a big misstake to reduce the population of them. At least make them more willing to hunt prey. I have cats and they never hesitate to hunt :p

Return to “General Chat”