Weird , but serious question to all and / or EW staff .

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Weird , but serious question to all and / or EW staff .

Post by DYEUZ »

Hello everyone . :)

I have this question for all of you or for a EW staff member .

An Elk carcass occasionally spawns near one of my tower in TgT .When it spawns there , it's always in / at, the same spot .

So my Q to you :

What if i decided to move my tower to that exact spot , what would happened ? ( or, what if i moved my tent ,that is close by )

A - Nothing . The carcass would still spawn there under the tower .
B - It would eliminate that spawn , that carcass completely .
C - It would make it spawn close by, around the tower somewhere .
D - Something else would happen . Please explain .

tyvm ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

vsaet
Hunter

Re: Weird , but serious question to all and / or EW staff .

Post by vsaet »

DYEUZ wrote:Hello everyone . :)

I have this question for all of you or for a EW staff member .

An Elk carcass occasionally spawns near one of my tower in TgT .When it spawns there , it's always in / at, the same spot .

So my Q to you :

What if i decided to move my tower to that exact spot , what would happened ? ( or, what if i moved my tent ,that is close by )

A - Nothing . The carcass would still spawn there under the tower .
B - It would eliminate that spawn , that carcass completely .
C - It would make it spawn close by, around the tower somewhere .
D - Something else would happen . Please explain .

tyvm ;)
You will have not an answer because for me the fact that the carcass is always in the same place demonstrates that there are not random choice of the position means is random for the reserve but not for the exact place. Like that you may have it in the floor of your tower ;) :D
Try and you will see. I wait for...
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Can't speak for towers, but I do know that tents eliminate the spawn
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:Can't speak for towers, but I do know that tents eliminate the spawn
Interesting ! ty .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Carcasses are always generated in the same place. From my experience I noticed this:
(the numbers are only for example and they are not true) let's say that there are 200 places where the carcasses can be generated, the carcasses are 50 for each hunt.
The 50 carcasses are arranged randomly in these 200 places, so the seats are always the same but you have to find out where they are generated.
If you want to prevent a certain place from generating more carcasses, just place a flag in place of the carcass. In this way that place will forever be free of carcasses.
I tried with over 40 flags and in those places the carcases disappeared.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

fantamichele wrote:Carcasses are always generated in the same place. From my experience I noticed this:
(the numbers are only for example and they are not true) let's say that there are 200 places where the carcasses can be generated, the carcasses are 50 for each hunt.
The 50 carcasses are arranged randomly in these 200 places, so the seats are always the same but you have to find out where they are generated.
If you want to prevent a certain place from generating more carcasses, just place a flag in place of the carcass. In this way that place will forever be free of carcasses.
I tried with over 40 flags and in those places the carcases disappeared.
Very clever. :)

Maybe you can put all your unused goose decoys there too and end up with just a few places that will then always spawn a carcass.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

HooCairs wrote:Maybe you can put all your unused goose decoys there too and end up with just a few places that will then always spawn a carcass.
Damn, I had not thought about it :? , I have about 220 molds of geese, I can fill Timbergold with geese :D
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: fantamichele ... This is exactly how i thought they spawned and also , exactly what i was thinking with the flags . :shock:

I have couple places near equipment ( TS / tents ) that have occasional carcasses . But , it's not those ones that i want to try to eliminate . It's the one farther away that i can hear the crows from my equipment . The ones close , real close , like in the pic above , i just go to it and they all fly away .

Great stuff here guys , thx a million . I'll probably try one out with a flag .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: fantamichele ... This is exactly how i thought they spawned and also , exactly what i was thinking with the flags . :shock:

I have couple places near equipment ( TS / tents ) that have occasional carcasses . But , it's not those ones that i want to try to eliminate . It's the one farther away that i can hear the crows from my equipment . The ones close , real close , like in the pic above , i just go to it and they all fly away .

Great stuff here guys , thx a million . I'll probably try one out with a flag .
That is the worsted thing in TT. And I can understand why the carcass? They attract nothing. Is only a problem! :(
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

vsaet wrote: That is the worsted thing in TT. And I can understand why the carcass? They attract nothing. Is only a problem! :(
The main problem , for me anyway , is that i find that there are wayyyy too many of them . We discussed this matter in another thread somewhere .
When i do my routine , my route , i hear them all the time , because they are all over the place . The fact that we can hear the crows , pretty loud i must say , even if they are far , annoys me big time .

Do this test . Go to where there is a carcass and just walk to it to make the crows fly away and see how much you still hear them , pretty loud still , even if they are far away .
Maybe we can ask for some event , like the Wolf one , to eliminate a couple carcasses . And thinking about it , since the Wolf population has been reduced , the carcasses should be reduced also . Just makes sense to me !

In my opinion, it is nothing like real life , so unrealistic .
There are way too many carcasses .
The crows are too loud .
Useless and if it was for immersion purpose , it's a big thumbs down from me .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”