Respect for this game!

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Respect for this game!

Post by Mackie2112 »

Just finished a fantastic hunt with my brother. We both have some intense jobs, as many probably do here, and it is really nice logging in grabbing our gear and hitting a virtual hunt. Shot many geese, dropped a grizzly and some decent Rocky mountain elk. Despite the age of the game I still find it very immersive and it really gives me the feel of a hunt. We play COTW as well at times buts always find ourselves saying cool that was fun killed a bazzilion whatever and lets hit Classic and go after a mounter ore chase a leaderboard. I respect this game for that feeling and the way it allows me to bond with my family and enjoy the conversation and laugh at our many mistakes and missteps. Im glad it is here and me and mine will continue to support it. Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

~Mackie
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Respect for this game!

Post by HooCairs »

Mackie2112 wrote:We play COTW as well at times buts always find ourselves saying cool that was fun killed a bazzilion whatever and lets hit Classic and go after a mounter ore chase a leaderboard.
Haha, that's how I feel. Like what's the point of adding another plain vanilla rack to the non existent pile?

Glad to see you guys enjoy the sessions! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Speaking of family - We had our nephews (they are in their mid 20's) over for the weekend and Sat evening I had a hunt date with a friend so I said "Hey guys, I am meeting up with a buddy to play Hunter" so naturally they wanted to watch as they know I've played this game a lot for a long time. The game opens up, I do the equip at the lodge and hump down to my goose blind - all I heard was ooh's and aah's behind me, my bud popped in and we shot some geese and they were totally blown away by the whole thing and how it worked. All the comments were so cool to hear about how awesome the gfx were, the animations and how realistic it all looked. I had shot a few geese flying away with the .22 so I got the dog out and had her go get em "she's great at this and saves a lot of time" They were totally impressed by everything.

Yes, respect for a 10 year old game that still fulfills ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Respect.
Love.
and admiration.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

TH is a really unique game, it is immersive and live, like no other.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Agree, is a game where i can virtually walk and even if i dont shoot anything i still just find relaxing the travel, the forest, the water, the environment, old as may be for nowadays graphic standards is just immersive.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes indeed, this game is well deserving of respect. The best hunting game available in the universe... Long live tHc! Amen. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

I LOVE the truracs in this game. Ive never hunted in my life and have learned so much starting with this game then adding podcasts from Steve Rinella and such.

Glad to hear the kids and family got excited over it. All my friends think the sim is boring or some other crap. I just tell them they don't get it, lol.
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

TurboKid wrote:I LOVE the truracs in this game. Ive never hunted in my life and have learned so much starting with this game then adding podcasts from Steve Rinella and such.

Glad to hear the kids and family got excited over it. All my friends think the sim is boring or some other crap. I just tell them they don't get it, lol.
Funny you mentioned Steve. When I first started playing I was watching Meateater while hunting. Now I subbed ot the outdoor channel and line up a show that is similar with what I am hunting. Geeky yes. But Immersion. :P
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

VonStratos wrote:Agree, is a game where i can virtually walk and even if i dont shoot anything i still just find relaxing the travel, the forest, the water, the environment, old as may be for nowadays graphic standards is just immersive.
Lets forget about nowadays graphic standards. Every time at every new release of new shiny game, which claim to have the ultra realistic graphic ever, every time they disappear into oblivion quickly, same way they appeared. Like Stars wars battlefront for instance. Ephemeral as their claims, just to sell more copies. After ten years, TH is still there instead. The Best ever.
PS: in my opinion the only one problem with this game, is too much stuff added over the years.
Last edited by 1Al on March 9th, 2019, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”