Enforced break from the Hunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Enforced break from the Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Yeah, single malt definitely works better than the average German physician and we all know where the "superbugs" came from. Maybe you should take a break BEFORE going to hospital next time. :)
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

A Super bug and you're not sick? What a Stud! Probably picked it up upon admitting you -

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

So in the next few days I will get the results of the new tests and findout if the "Scotch" therapie worked, but in the meantime I needed to cherr myself up so I upgraded my monitor from a 60 hz to a G-Sync (Nividia 1060 6GB) 144hz with 1ms, Port Display and curved screen in 27'. It has a VA panel so kinda get the good and minimize the bad......maker is AOC and it looks really good with the minimum frame. Will arrive tomorrow so I HAVE to play all day to try it out :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You said knee replacement, not hip replacement, right? :)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

That is not what I kneed.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Enjoy the new monitor when it arrives. I'm sure it will revolutionise your theHunter experience!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Oh Man, I feel your pain.

I had a similar experience when I had my hip replacement back in about 2004. I had been prepped (stripped, shaved ,loaded on a trolley and wheeled through the hospital) and loaded on the operating table when the surgeon came in and asked to check the pre-op tests. My urine test had not come back so he sent a nurse of down to the lab to get it.
About ten minutes later she came back with my results which indicated that the urine test was positive for some bug that only pregnant women were supposed to get.
After some lively discussion about possible mix ups with another patient and how poor the systems were in the lab services, the surgeon decided to cancel the op and have the tests done again and reschedule the op for a later time.
All this going on while Im lying shivering on the table practically naked under one of those inadequate open back gowns, wondering if Ive been scheduled for a hip replacement or a Cesarean section instead.
Fortunately they finally wheeled me back to the ward and discharged me later that afternoon.

About a week later the tests were done again and I was told they would be in touch.
Next I was informed that the surgeon had gone on a sabbatical and I would have to be reassigned to another surgeon.
It was six months later before I made it back to the operating table to get the job done.

Im hoping that your situation gets resolved much faster than mine.
Good luck.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Oh Man, I feel your pain.

I had a similar experience when I had my hip replacement back in about 2004. I had been prepped (stripped, shaved ,loaded on a trolley and wheeled through the hospital) and loaded on the operating table when the surgeon came in and asked to check the pre-op tests. My urine test had not come back so he sent a nurse of down to the lab to get it.
About ten minutes later she came back with my results which indicated that the urine test was positive for some bug that only pregnant women were supposed to get.
After some lively discussion about possible mix ups with another patient and how poor the systems were in the lab services, the surgeon decided to cancel the op and have the tests done again and reschedule the op for a later time.
All this going on while Im lying shivering on the table practically naked under one of those inadequate open back gowns, wondering if Ive been scheduled for a hip replacement or a Cesarean section instead.
Fortunately they finally wheeled me back to the ward and discharged me later that afternoon.

About a week later the tests were done again and I was told they would be in touch.
Next I was informed that the surgeon had gone on a sabbatical and I would have to be reassigned to another surgeon.
It was six months later before I made it back to the operating table to get the job done.

Im hoping that your situation gets resolved much faster than mine.
Good luck.
First I'll assume "DanTheMan" is who I've always imagined "was not only a man, but THE man" with that assumption correct, it's obvious your surgeon had a t-time he forgot about so got out of work early that day :lol: ~ I was patiently waiting for the part where you ripped the gown back and asked "Who here thinks I could possibly be pregnant?" :lol: in the end, I think you might have gotten lucky if they couldn't figure out the lab was smokin crack :lol:
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

So an update... All new swabs are now clean so I am now officially longer old and mouldy….. just old :lol: New date for the knee is 28th of March so 1 week of my freedom!!!
But I have used the extra month of hanging around well. Now installed is….. and all by my little self

Rog Strix 470 mainboard
Ryzen 7 2700x
32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram (total overkill but if you have slots you gotta fill them :lol: :lol: :lol:)
BeQuiet 700W Gold Pure Power 11

and what is still in is

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Artic Freezer WC 120mm
1TB Samsung SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
DVD, Bluetooth etc

Add to that my new AOC curved 27 Zoll 144Hrz monitor I believe I at last have a very decent rig put together !!! Later in the year my aim is to get a 1080Ti 11GB.....

FPS up to a steady 80 in Picaboo and 120 in less demanding reserves makes it like a new game again… its's such a fun journey this PC building thing and many here in the forum have given me some great help and tips.

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
Last edited by Schlachtwolf on March 20th, 2019, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

That's a real hotrod! and with that screen amazing!
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”