Long range shooting 9.3x74R Break Action Rifle with Eagle Mk I

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Onolm
Scout

Long range shooting 9.3x74R Break Action Rifle with Eagle Mk I

Post by Onolm »

As i seen our shooting ranges wasnt updated. I've tried to search the forum for discussion with/or screenshots where to aim at long ranges, but didnt find anything.
Would be anyone so nice to give a link or do the test ?
Thank you, in advance.
RickC
Outfitter

Re: Long range shooting 9.3x74R Break Action Rifle with Eagle Mk I

Post by RickC »

In the store under equipment there are deployable targets you can set out at any range you choose.

I think that is the only option we have.
kjottkake1

Post by kjottkake1 »

According to Hoocairs there is a shooting range just north of the western mine in TGT going up to 450 meters. Not marked on the map
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Onolm wrote:As i seen our shooting ranges wasnt updated. I've tried to search the forum for discussion with/or screenshots where to aim at long ranges, but didnt find anything.
What do you mean by "shooting ranges wasn't updated"?

What you want to do is pick a high spot somewhere in Val-des-Bois, Timbergold or even just Logger's Point where you can shoot down into water. Measure the distance, then do a few shots and you will see the average bullet drop. You can use a reference point, i.e. shoot at the where the shore meets the water, or if you have a branch from a tree reaching into your line of sight. I do this for many weapons, different scopes and over various distances. It is essential to understand where exactly a bullet will hit over a certain (long) distance. You will also see a small drift to either side, but it is minor for rifles.
kjottkake1 wrote:According to Hoocairs there is a shooting range just north of the western mine in TGT going up to 450 meters. Not marked on the map
All shooting ranges are at a lodge, not anywhere in a reserve.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Onolm
Scout

Post by Onolm »

HooCairs wrote:
Onolm wrote:As i seen our shooting ranges wasnt updated. I've tried to search the forum for discussion with/or screenshots where to aim at long ranges, but didnt find anything.
What do you mean by "shooting ranges wasn't updated"?
I was naive enough to think now that we have increased render range, EW made at least one of the ranges capable to try out rifles longer than 150 meters without ruining profile stats.
HooCairs wrote:What you want to do is pick a high spot somewhere in Val-des-Bois, Timbergold or even just Logger's Point where you can shoot down into water. Measure the distance, then do a few shots and you will see the average bullet drop. You can use a reference point, i.e. shoot at the where the shore meets the water, or if you have a branch from a tree reaching into your line of sight. I do this for many weapons, different scopes and over various distances. It is essential to understand where exactly a bullet will hit over a certain (long) distance. You will also see a small drift to either side, but it is minor for rifles.
Thats a good idea, thanks HooCairs.

I've learned many things from you over the past years and it looks like it goes onwards :D
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Onolm wrote:I was naive enough to think now that we have increased render range, EW made at least one of the ranges capable to try out rifles longer than 150 meters without ruining profile stats.
We are all naive when it comes to all the things we believe EW should do. ;)

Regarding profile stats, they don't go along with long range shooting anyway. You either care for one or the other. Both together won't go. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I never saw a stat shoot a big TruRack......
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

HooCairs wrote:
Onolm wrote:I was naive enough to think now that we have increased render range, EW made at least one of the ranges capable to try out rifles longer than 150 meters without ruining profile stats.
We are all naive when it comes to all the things we believe EW should do. ;)

Regarding profile stats, they don't go along with long range shooting anyway. You either care for one or the other. Both together won't go. ;)
Although I fully agree with Hoo here, with the shooting mats you can do this without ruining your stats.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”