Sheep got the last laugh

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Cashole42
Spotter

Sheep got the last laugh

Post by Cashole42 »

Been having a run of really good luck lately, picking up trophy size animals and new PB across the board (even got to sit on the LB for nt muleys and wolves for a little tiny bit). Decided to try my luck on bighorns, as they're a favorite of mine I don't get to go after much. Popped over to the middle mine from the north fork of the river, snipe two ewes with the bow. While looking for one of the does I shot, I accidentally spook a decent ram, probably a 140-150. He doesn't run far, so I drop him, figuring he'd slide down the dip he was standing on.

I get to the bottom and he's not there. I climb halfway up the dip, he's nowhere to be found. I back up a little bit and the prat landed on a TINY ledge halfway up, just ten feet away from the highest point I can climb. I fling myself off the mountain three times hoping I'll at least die on the ledge so I can shove him off or claim him. No such luck. He won that round. At least Tater got a good laugh, especially when he shot a ram that had been wandering around 100m behind me the whole time.

(I got revenge today shooting a 145 ram that was about the same size. Didn't die doing it, either)
(Just figured I'd also add, this isn't a rant or a gripe, just a good laugh)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1655799704
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1655799825
kjottkake1

Re: Sheep got the last laugh

Post by kjottkake1 »

Well. There is too many rams scoring 140-150 to bother claiming them if they die in a place like this
Cashole42
Spotter

Post by Cashole42 »

Eh. When you're me, you take what you can get where you can get it. I can shoot 30 animals in a hunt, and 27 of them will be females. Besides, for all I know he could have been a giant. I really only saw a glimpse of the horns as he ran past, just enough to know they at least reached his nose. Knowing my luck, he'd have been a 140 ram, which is still worlds better than my 90 average I usually get.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

The next time you have an animal that you can't get to...put a red dot on it..then walk or run out of render range. Remember, it is now 320m. When you get there, see if you can spot your animal where you put the dot. If not, go back, and look at the bottom of the hill where you shot it. It should be there. Not 100%..around 98%.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

even the buzzards gotta eat, then there's the worms and bugs and microbial bacteria, everything's going to have it's life somehow :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”