So I'm looking for a Mule Buck I shot 1 hour ago real time...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Velba
Spotter

So I'm looking for a Mule Buck I shot 1 hour ago real time...

Post by Velba »

And I cant find a single track. Do they fade over time? I may have gotten a little sidetracked :D

But hey, I came back to look for him, and no blood, no fleeing tracks, and there were actually 2 of them! :x There I go always shooting early, but I digress; not a single track from either deer. What's going on?

Thanks!
~Velba
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: So I'm looking for a Mule Buck I shot 1 hour ago real time...

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tracks vanish after a while - there's a limited number of tracks that the game "saves" and usually they are gone after 30-60 minutes, depending on how many new tracks are created.
Image Image Image
Velba
Spotter

Post by Velba »

:lol:

If I find this deer, does Doc give me a prize?

Haha, thanks for the info!

~EDIT~

Just spotted him, Cheers !
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I use the "draw" function on the map to mark the location of a dead animal, if I can see it, or the last spot I saw it running and the direction if I plan to track it down later.
I've also marked the spot where they were when shot, so if the blood track is still there I can pick it up.

This comes in handy when doing missions. You can shoot animals for the next several missions, let them lay, and come back & get them after activating the mission.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:This comes in handy when doing missions. You can shoot animals for the next several missions, let them lay, and come back & get them after activating the mission.
Of course this would only work if you knew the objectives for the next missions too - because you're not doing them for the first time or you've read it somewhere in the forum. ;)

So, did you get your buck and was it worth the extra work? :)
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Tod1d wrote:This comes in handy when doing missions. You can shoot animals for the next several missions, let them lay, and come back & get them after activating the mission.
Of course this would only work if you knew the objectives for the next missions too - because you're not doing them for the first time or you've read it somewhere in the forum. ;)

So, did you get your buck and was it worth the extra work? :)

Good point, but for those players interested into put the tactic in practice, the wiki have the objectives for the missions, at least most of the permanent ones, the event missions i think require some search in forum, here is the direct link to mission and objectives. ;)

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Missions

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Velba wrote:And I cant find a single track. Do they fade over time? I may have gotten a little sidetracked :D

But hey, I came back to look for him, and no blood, no fleeing tracks, and there were actually 2 of them! :x There I go always shooting early, but I digress; not a single track from either deer. What's going on?

Thanks!
~Velba
It happens, especially in TT, in addition to the reasons above, it's also a bug sometimes, I reported it more times, but never solved.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

VonStratos wrote:Good point, but for those players interested into put the tactic in practice, the wiki have the objectives for the missions, at least most of the permanent ones, the event missions i think require some search in forum, here is the direct link to mission and objectives. ;)
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Missions
Yeah, I forgot about our wonderful wiki. Thanks for the heads up, Von! :)
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

The wiki is your friend. Not infallible, but invaluable nonetheless. It seems with the event missions, someone finishes them & posts them within an hour or 2 after they start. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

As a headsup, if you have "tracked" the deer and don't track any other animals (so that the wounded animal is your "current" track on HunterMate) it shouldn't fade even with time.

So sometimes if you're tracking a really old trail, and keep doubling back because you can't find the next tracking dome, and then you click another animal's sign--all the tracks you had from the first animal will vanish all at once. On TgT especially, there's SO many animals that they clear within a few minutes, so DON'T click on another animal's track until you find the first.

Return to “General Chat”