Can caller ranges be extended.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Can caller ranges be extended.

Post by HooCairs »

I am with Tann on everything he posted here.

Calling range is fine with 220m.

Only lynx and bobcats have a bad hearing for reasons not known and without any logic (apart from that EW want to sell e-callers). These cats only hear the caller from 100m.

The only problem I have ever experienced is roe deer not coming when they were calling from the edge of the huntermate screen and me calling back right away. Might be a bug in the system or in my brain.

Extending the attraction range for bait stations would mean that there would need to be a bigger distance between feeders as well. And likely a bigger distance from tents and lodges to feeders. Don't think this would be welcomed. The feeders work fine and attract enough animals already. Here is a recent picture with 9 bears in the famous swamp.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Ok, after a personal note from Dan (thanks for clarifying) and reading the OP another few times I am now getting what Dan is asking.

The question is not for EW to change anything. The question is whether we as players could get more out of the lures if we used them on a high hill. My answer is yes. The caller range is maxed at 220m horizontal line from what I know, thus taking advantage of altitude would lead to a wider range, just like with the sight.

Sorry Dan for my rubbish post earlier. :D

Edit: I am "now" getting, and not I am "not" getting it...
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Not exactly the same, but I think, it fits into this topic.:

I am not really aware about the working principle of the software: Are unrendered animals effected by callers?

Let me give 2 examples:
1) If I apply scent spray and move 220m away. Will the scent spray still attract animals from outside the render range to the spot I applied the spray and therefore into my caller range? (at least with 370m render range this should work, as animals within attraction range of scent spray are still rendered, but in my case it is 220m)

2) If I have to find e.g. a Lynx track, it would be possible to set up running e-caller and fast travel to another spot out of render range (to get rid of the effect of different render ranges). Returning to the one, is the probability to find tracks increased or not?
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Are unrendered animals effected by callers?
The simple answer, No. Only currently rendered animals are affected by callers & scents.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”