Remembering the good ole days...(animations etc.)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Re: Remembering the good ole days...(animations etc.)

Post by NAOutdoors »

outrider wrote:i remember one time when naoutdoors (David) shot a buck on a cliff while he was going thru the canyon on Whiteheart. he hit it and it jumped off the cliff...
I remember that! I believe that I still have the video :lol:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

NAOutdoors wrote:
outrider wrote:i remember one time when naoutdoors (David) shot a buck on a cliff while he was going thru the canyon on Whiteheart. he hit it and it jumped off the cliff...
I remember that! I believe that I still have the video :lol:
:o HEY David,......how the H___ you been ?. sure hasn't been the same with you not around....my post should tell you, that you've been on my mind, from now and then...hope everyone is doing well. don't be a stranger... :D

if you can find that video, could you post it here ? i think some newer members would get a kick out of it....seeing the way things were in the "olden days" . :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

outrider wrote:if you can find that video, could you post it here ? i think some newer members would get a kick out of it....seeing the way things were in the "olden days" . :lol:
I would love to see some pics and vids from back then. My original PC i used to play this game back then died long ago and i lost all my pics. Think the newer players would get a kick out of seeing how different the original game was. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the funny thing i never understood about changing the old animations is the old ones were mainly better than what we have now. you could in the old animations see your gun all the time. think about that for a moment especially with premium good looking models. ;) .
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:you could in the old animations see your gun all the time. think about that for a moment especially with premium good looking models. ;) .
Yeah, I liked being able to see more of the weapons. Now you have to engage free-look to get a decent view of them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you stood still for long enough, your avatar would tilt the gun around a bit, almost as though he/she was admiring it. Sort of like an intermittent animation. It was pretty neat.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

A lot of things were better in the ol' days. But folks here wanted things changed and so they were. Now we all kinda of regret it. I seem to think that trophy shots were automatic- that is to say the animals already were posed for shots when you wanted to take a trophy shot. There was none of this fighting, trying to get the perfect pose. The boats, planes and turkeys that flocked /flew toward you. Yep, the good ol' days... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Ahh yes ten years younger is what I miss ;)
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

abslayer wrote:Ahh yes ten years younger is what I miss ;)
Exactly! I was playing MMOFPS games when i discovered this game. Now I am too old and slow to play them anymore. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:you could in the old animations see your gun all the time. think about that for a moment especially with premium good looking models. ;) .
Yeah, I liked being able to see more of the weapons. Now you have to engage free-look to get a decent view of them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you stood still for long enough, your avatar would tilt the gun around a bit, almost as though he/she was admiring it. Sort of like an intermittent animation. It was pretty neat.
the funny thing about that is in call of the wild it does that now when you idle :D
moejoe95
Hunter

Post by moejoe95 »

I have to say, what I miss most is the old website design. The customizability of your own profile, the friendslist on the left where you could get in quick contact with all of your friends, the ability to post Youtube videos along with your trophy shots and medals right on your own big profile-page.
But the fact that there was no soom with open sights comes right after plus the harsher recoil of weapons.
Overall, I feel the game was a lot harder back then, but I could be wrong.

Return to “General Chat”