Remembering the good ole days...(animations etc.)

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Remembering the good ole days...(animations etc.)

Post by Dillakiller870 »

Does anyone remember the days of pre-2013 when the elk looked different, the .30-06 lever actually kicked, and the side by side shotgun didn't have an 8x zoom whenever it was aimed? It was back when the buttons and hui looked round and shiny, and the menu had the moose and the orange sunset. Whitehart Island's scenery was much more realistic and complex. Does anyone remember these days? Oh I miss them. Anyone remember them? Here are a few pics of the "old game."

What happened, why did the graphics completely change?
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Remembering the good ole days...(animations etc.)

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Also the complete lack or realistic physics where you could climb vertical walls, fall without getting hurt and walk underwater. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I miss the plane at Logger's Point :(
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Those first two pics look exactly like the current game, to me, but that Muley's antlers in that third one holy moley!!

God, that 2nd Whitetail pic side-on reminds me of why that model desperately needs changing. The curved-forward knees, the horse-arched neck (what the hell, it's BACKWARDS), the fat torso and so on.
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

fantamichele wrote:I miss the plane at Logger's Point :(
mee too :(
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yep, the plane and don't forget the ferries (boats)....and remember when you shot a animal on a hill side, it would slide all the was down. i remember one time when naoutdoors (David) shot a buck on a cliff while he was going thru the canyon on Whiteheart. he hit it and it jumped off the cliff... yeah, and remember when you came across a sleeping animal, you could sneak up next to it....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

fantamichele wrote:I miss the plane at Logger's Point :(
:cry:
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

outrider wrote:yep, the plane and don't forget the ferries (boats)....and remember when you shot a animal on a hill side, it would slide all the was down. i remember one time when naoutdoors (David) shot a buck on a cliff while he was going thru the canyon on Whiteheart. he hit it and it jumped off the cliff... yeah, and remember when you came across a sleeping animal, you could sneak up next to it....
Glorious times. ........and souvenirs! I have a lot of screenshots from that time,that remember me I was 9 years Younger :D
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

vsaet wrote:
outrider wrote:yep, the plane and don't forget the ferries (boats)....and remember when you shot a animal on a hill side, it would slide all the was down. i remember one time when naoutdoors (David) shot a buck on a cliff while he was going thru the canyon on Whiteheart. he hit it and it jumped off the cliff... yeah, and remember when you came across a sleeping animal, you could sneak up next to it....
Glorious times. ........and souvenirs! I have a lot of screenshots from that time,that remember me I was 9 years Younger :D
someplace, i have a video of me crawling up to a moose cow that was sleeping in the middle of the road and blowing the moose caller... while it was getting up it knocked me to the other side of the road...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Probably going back even further. The thing I miss most is that often the whitetail bucks that would come at a run ( similar to the roe deer today ) but not always in a straight line from the last place they called from.
Why did they ever have to get rid of that behavior,.. ill never know. There was a certain element of unpredictability there that is sadly missing with all the animals today. It should have been retained and expanded into other animals behaviors as well.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”