Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

Post by gas56 »

The sky is falling again for the umph-teenth time and what if it does,.. do you wait everyday in animosity to close the door behind you before it hits you in the rearend?
The more I read this forum about the game coming to its end with all this negative remorse talk about what if? Enjoy the game while it's here before you sign it off
as R.I.P. and the eulogy is read.
EDIT FOR MY 2 cents Picture....... :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on January 2nd, 2019, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well is kind a tradition to have the classic debate about if the game is doomed, i remember this kind of debate was here back in 2013 when i was new... traditions must be respected, lets make a game this year, lets count how many thread with this theme start from now until December, count is on 01 :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

VonStratos wrote:
Ludante wrote:New engine..imagine all the maps, animals and items in the store transferring to a new engine. I am not an IT expert but I have a feeling that would be a gigantic task to do. And for what in return?

If everything we have her (in our accounts) is transferred to a new engine with no charge to the customers other than our already payed membership then would be a non profitable business in the short term, but may keep and bring back players for the long term since would be all renewed. Still i think that any new engine or new The Hunter would be made as a separate new game, is just too gigantic task to develop and implement all the reserves and items we have here into a engine in just 1 or 2 years, we have 10 years of development running here. A new start would need to be small, a couple of reserves at time, limited animals, slowly testing, and fixing, and adjusting. and then we have COTW for that, is EW big enough in manpower and funds to do the development 2 new huge games at same time? i don't know, Maybe after COTW start to fade and a new product be needed.
Well! here is a realistic approach of the problem.I agree. For that reason let's play till any new development ( good or bad)
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

TheSheWolf wrote:"Just" porting a game to a new engine isn't simple. And it also means loads of players playing on computers with the graphics processing ability of a toaster would no longer be able to play.
Can you see my computer stats?
Are you a hacker?

LOL

"toaster"

hehe
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

BearJohnson wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:"Just" porting a game to a new engine isn't simple. And it also means loads of players playing on computers with the graphics processing ability of a toaster would no longer be able to play.
Are you a hacker?

LOL

"toaster"

hehe
Lol could be really though if there are "load" of people playing with GPU's with graphics processing ability of a toaster there GPU is about as old as the game. Also i'm sure "loads of people have spent at least $150 in this game. If you can drop that on this you can get a GTX 1050 Ti for that price not the best card out there but it will still run most anything. Deff run this at least around 100fps i use to have one till i upgraded.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Hey gas, you forgot to bury Trophy Hunter 2003, Deer Hunter 2003, Bird Hunter 2003 and Deer Hunter Tournament. Oh sorry I remember now, DHT was stillborn, it never really lived did it.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Hynu
Tracker

Post by Hynu »

Fake news!! as Mr Trump would bleet :p
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Been around here awhile. Seen a few ups and downs. I've always had a passion for this game since the day it was first teased back in '08. I remember telling myself and trying to convince Mrs. Mills that I needed to buy a new computer in order to play this masterpiece. Eventually I did, but it wasn't until 2013. Before that I played off and on as a guest on my old potato of a 'puter. This game has outlasted almost any game I can think of, apart from WoW. I know there has been mention of a gameplan for 2019. However, it would be nice if we could have something a little more concrete. Personally, I feel it would be best if we could get a 2.0 version that is standalone from Classic and COTW. That way, Classic players still have this beauty and people who want a modern version have the option to upgrade. I get that this is a huge business decision but it could get some of the COTW only players to consider a membership for theHunter 2.0.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

gas56 wrote:The sky is falling again for the umph-teenth time and what if it does,.. do you wait everyday in animosity to close the door behind you before it hits you in the rearend?
The more I read this forum about the game coming to its end with all this negative remorse talk about what if? Enjoy the game while it's here before you sign it off
as R.I.P. and the eulogy is read.
EDIT FOR MY 2 cents Picture....... :lol:
I still play Deer Hunter 2003/2004, I love the Long shots, scope adjust elevation and the in flight bullet camera when you shot heart!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

snakeyes32 wrote:
BearJohnson wrote:
Are you a hacker?

LOL

"toaster"

hehe
Lol could be really though if there are "load" of people playing with GPU's with graphics processing ability of a toaster there GPU is about as old as the game. Also i'm sure "loads of people have spent at least $150 in this game. If you can drop that on this you can get a GTX 1050 Ti for that price not the best card out there but it will still run most anything. Deff run this at least around 100fps i use to have one till i upgraded.
:lol: Maybe I can... :shock:

@Snakeeyes-

I know, but there's actually a lot of people playing on low graphics and it's the most they can handle. Mine runs it fine, but if you have a gander at the screenshots thread, there's a ton of uhh... very plastic-looking shots :D I think some people play on Low just to better see animals, but many have said they wouldn't be able to handle an update.

Personally, I'd love to see a better version, as the current is quickly getting outdated, now. It doesn't look bad, but it's not great anymore even on the highest settings. What I'd like to see MORE than that, though, is improved animal models, animations, and AI. I hunt for Whitetail and sometimes their fat, weird models make me cringe, and I really wish they had more realistic behavior.

Return to “General Chat”