Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vsaet
Hunter

Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

Post by vsaet »

After meeting the new game COTW and playing it i have a lot of questions of why EW they wont renew the Classic that is a great game and like is a hunter game with no more differences of environment,all hunter games have the same environment means woods. ii was easy to upgrade the Classic with a new engine and is not the some banners or facilities of a new game like COTW that make the difference and have a totally new game with all advantages and the experience of the old one . The reason is deeper I think.
I want your opinion,also about the fact that no one dev or the communication manager take part in the multiple post about the future of the game,and i will give mine later for the reason to don't give a direction of the conversation.
Thanks in advance for your participation.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Re: Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

Post by Ravenousfox »

Simple, business/marketing.
Reviving a game with already bad reviews on Steam won't attract many people as making an entirely new game would.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

In my honest opinion, Classic is done with. They're obviously not going to officially announce that, since that would mean people closing out their subscriptions and loss of revenue to put into their new main project, Call of the Wild.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

if you think they are closing down the classic why are they introducing jeeps and new weapons
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

best answer is just search the forums. there has been similar topics for few years now. while i agree it would be nice to revamp classic on a new engine it certainly wont be easy as you put.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

greylaghunter wrote:if you think they are closing down the classic why are they introducing jeeps and new weapons
Money grabbing all they can . These things , weapons and other items , are real easy to create for them . So no big time spent and money to make .
The Jeep , wasn't even thought of . They copy / pasted the Jurassic Park Jeep model . Again , easy and quick .
Sure , they need to make all the mechanics of the Jeep , but really , what can you really do with it !?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

"Just" porting a game to a new engine isn't simple. And it also means loads of players playing on computers with the graphics processing ability of a toaster would no longer be able to play.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

TheSheWolf wrote:"Just" porting a game to a new engine isn't simple. And it also means loads of players playing on computers with the graphics processing ability of a toaster would no longer be able to play.
But he would always toast for breakfast :)
I hope for the 10th anniversary they go out with the hunter 2.0 on the new graphic engine
It's just a dream (but I hope it's true) ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Classic is not done...yet, Devs already commented they have the roadmap for 2019 some time ago, the thing is that Classic is no longer the "future" of EW, but still is the workhorse, so it will keep alive as long it bring profits instead loses, but probably we will not see another big update, or great features, probably some new vehicle, a couple of the new "advanced weapons" and hopefully more bug fixes, maybe even a new reserve. But honestly i wont ask for more items or even reserve, we already have a plenty, i would simply like the game be playable without massive bugs, and when its day come to close, it should be with dignity and appreciation, not because went so neglected that nobody would want keep playing on it.

The game can be around even if graphics get old beyond archaic as long the game play still keeps good, i know some mmo so old that are graphically based on sprites and are still running in our mega graphics days, just because the game-play still keeps some loyal and new players interested, so eventually EW will have to launch a The Hunter 2, or bet all in COTW, but i don't think Classic will be done soon, not at least just because it may look old, bugs in other hand, that can ruin the game.

And beside what TheSheWolf said, it would mean that all the old people that have put hundreds or even thousands of dollars would have to start from 0 in the new game, and if is not the game they/ have in mind probably will take his money to another part, so is a risky businesses to bet i na new game to "replace" classic, that's why COTW was born to "complement" and not even compete with Classic.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

we have had a thread like this running in some form or another for the past 6 months and its almost mutual agreement and melancholy from all long standing player who have ridden many a storm over a decade that we are very much at the sunset of the game. Other than 1 post from Mat saying "we have plans" nothing really has been said or done to my knowledge to try and convince people otherwise which speaks volumes of the current state. Now im no game developer but if i was id have thought when the community on mass is saying "the games done" and not out of anger or in a knee jerk reaction that is a major issue that needs sorting.

Return to “General Chat”