Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

L3M182 wrote:rocket boots, jet packs and ninja stars
Leave that to the developers of "Just Cause". Oh wait... :?
Image Image Image
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Doesn´t make any sense in developing classic on the old engine. I don´t have the slightest interest to dive back into it. The dated engine is not capable of the realism some suggest it has still? I believe it´s a case of being homeblind when using "realistic" as a reason why to stay with classic. Run it for so long it does become kind of a benchmark good or bad :)

But take a real life hunter that has never hunted in the virtual worlds in his life and try the classic game with it´s animations, AI, ballistics, graphics, sound engine etc and compare to COTW. I don´t believe he would suggest classic is any more realistic in comparison with both games set up for maximum realism. Which mean of course stay away from some perks in COTW and don´t level the guns in classic.
Toledo
Spotter

Post by Toledo »

knott wrote:don´t level the guns in classic.
By not using them?
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

knott wrote:Doesn´t make any sense in developing classic on the old engine. I don´t have the slightest interest to dive back into it. The dated engine is not capable of the realism some suggest it has still? I believe it´s a case of being homeblind when using "realistic" as a reason why to stay with classic. Run it for so long it does become kind of a benchmark good or bad :)

But take a real life hunter that has never hunted in the virtual worlds in his life and try the classic game with it´s animations, AI, ballistics, graphics, sound engine etc and compare to COTW. I don´t believe he would suggest classic is any more realistic in comparison with both games set up for maximum realism. Which mean of course stay away from some perks in COTW and don´t level the guns in classic.
Take a newbie in COTW will make it to leave it as fast as possible. COTW is a good game for hunters coming from Classic because they know basic of the game. When a newbie go to COTW is lost. The COTW is a game that I like to say style Swedish IKEA product or better DIY . :D
The game is made to be developed from the player. When you start you are there in a wide place and you have to construct it. Maybe easy for a player coming from the classic very hard to a player who never played a hunting game. As for the realism after more than 100 hours I play it I don't found that animals or comstructions or something else is more realistic that the classic. My opinion certainly but if i let you without the vehicle you are lost because ,and that is a good point is enormous but you have to explore it. And that medium to low players can't do it. They have to play 6h / day at least to have the chance after 1000 hours of playing to play the normal way. No sufficient number of Guns ,lures that not reproduce real or at least acceptable reproduction of the call and no money to buy items that are locked if you don't reach at least 40% of achievement. For me the big problem is the exploration. and the fact that maybe I have not to pay for traveling but I have to pay all constructions and especially ammo's . 700 COTW em$ for 10 bullets is enormous.The good resolution and graphics (not for me) can't replace the bugs and all other things I mentioned before. But I have to say it another time that is my personal opinion.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Toledo wrote:
knott wrote:don´t level the guns in classic.
By not using them?
Yes or use until level up.

There is more bugs in classic as it was a year ago. Cant comment on current state but it had bugs thats been there for several years.

As for being a new hunter which is easier for a noob hard to say. I started with classic as a total noob. Shot mule does and didnt understand I should hunt trophys not meat to eat. I got no points! But yes it wasnt that hard I suppose. Hunting Does at least ;)

I still got really sucked in to the experience I at that point found realistic enough to be immersed.

But I am a gamer I am used to levelling in rpgs. For those that are not it may be tough but well the hunting does get easier with the perks but ignore that you do get a hardcore hunting experience that is more challenging for noobs perhaps?
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

After the today update on COTW 3.1 GB!!!! I can understand why EW develop the new game and not the classic. All is question of money. Not only the money that came from sales but the fact that a game like COTW can't be played online. Is heavy (more than 37 GB to handle) and in online state must have servers that EW can't running without an extremely high cost. That result that the account for a game like that will be very high and in addition updates (we know the problems with updates) will make the game unplayable.
Whith COTW as an stand alone game whit only server the one of Steam only for starting the game preserve EW from extra costs.
My conclusion as the ending post in the thread I started is that Classic will not be upgraded with a new engine and that only for question of very high cost.
For me the thread finish here and the only thing I want is to have the Classic like it is now for the longest possible time.
Good hunting to all.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

vsaet wrote:After the today update on COTW 3.1 GB!!!! I can understand why EW develop the new game and not the classic. All is question of money. Not only the money that came from sales but the fact that a game like COTW can't be played online. Is heavy (more than 37 GB to handle) and in online state must have servers that EW can't running without an extremely high cost. That result that the account for a game like that will be very high and in addition updates (we know the problems with updates) will make the game unplayable.
Whith COTW as an stand alone game whit only server the one of Steam only for starting the game preserve EW from extra costs.
My conclusion as the ending post in the thread I started is that Classic will not be upgraded with a new engine and that only for question of very high cost.
For me the thread finish here and the only thing I want is to have the Classic like it is now for the longest possible time.
Good hunting to all.
Not sure I understand you correctly. Call of the wild can be played online, thats what Multiplayer is. As far as servers go, from what I understand the host of a multiplayer game is the server, every one in his game connects to the hosts computer. So there can be as many servers as there are people hosting a game.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
vsaet wrote:After the today update on COTW 3.1 GB!!!! I can understand why EW develop the new game and not the classic. All is question of money. Not only the money that came from sales but the fact that a game like COTW can't be played online. Is heavy (more than 37 GB to handle) and in online state must have servers that EW can't running without an extremely high cost. That result that the account for a game like that will be very high and in addition updates (we know the problems with updates) will make the game unplayable.
Good hunting to all.
Not sure I understand you correctly. Call of the wild can be played online, thats what Multiplayer is. As far as servers go, from what I understand the host of a multiplayer game is the server, every one in his game connects to the hosts computer. So there can be as many servers as there are people hosting a game.
Come back because I have to respond. The classic can played only online with all result,trophies,lodges,statistics etc stored in the server.Without server you can't play. COTW can played "online" but if you can't connect to the steam server offline. Nothing is stored in the server. The Multiplayer is something else.For both games is online because you connect to the host server not the server of Steam or EW but the computer of the host. I was speaking for single player game not for multi.
The host at multiplayer can accept ,I think, only 8 players. Imagine COTW online on EW or Steam server with 100 or more players at the same time storing results,trophies,statistics etc. . For that I said " in online state must have servers that EW can't running without an extremely high cost" I hope I am clear now.
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

CotW is such a garbage game I refunded it, have only done that via steam like 3 times in my gaming career!

theHunter Classic is superior in every way! CotW is not remotely fun!!! And until EW can figure out how to make a game as GOOD as theHunter
which they can't because they didn't make theHunter they inherited it and have done a terrible job maintaining it!!!

As a real life hunter I will suggest Classic over call of the wild every single time!!!
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Sulfurblade wrote:As a real life hunter I will suggest Classic over call of the wild every single time!!!
True. Confirmed by other real life hunters as well. Not that Classic is as good as the real hunting, far from that, but it gives a player some idea what it feels like in the not ever green reserves. :)
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.

Return to “General Chat”