Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
lx188
Scout

Re: Why EW wont renew The Hunter classic?

Post by lx188 »

Redmaster wrote:In my honest opinion, Classic is done with. They're obviously not going to officially announce that, since that would mean people closing out their subscriptions and loss of revenue to put into their new main project, Call of the Wild.

call of the wild is cheat positive,,,trainers and programs for xp,money,skills e.t.t so its not intersting,,,
the classic is real !!cannot with one click be in first lederbord place up to @HooCairs ;)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

I can now give my opinion.
Like @Ravenousfox said is only question of money. There are 2 big differences between classic and any other game called CPTW or something else. The Classic is an online game that needs servers to store mass storage like trophies,photos, history and many others and that cost money. Certainly the money of registered players and sales collected give a part of that money but why take a game that cost for servers and persons that care about at the moment they can make a game like COTW hosted in another company where all settings and results are in the computer of the gamer and only a litle part are needed in the server only to start the game. That is the reason you can play the game offline,except multi but there also is the PC of the host that make the job and you certainly know that if you start a new game in COTW you lost everything.It is normal all are stored to your PC.
But they have a problem and for that they will not stop the classic so easy and that is the subscriptions. The day you will see that there are no more way to subscribe that day the game is over. If subscriptions continues to come the game will live.
For me they make a big error because the Classic with a new look but with the same graphics and facilities ,like the inventory and the configuration of the keys , even with an higher cost for the player will work.
I have the same question one time more. Why no devs or communication manager don't take part in the conversation? is so difficult to accept the reality. What they wait for. That all players will gone. I don't thing that will happened. Online games of the quality of the Classic are counted in the fingers of one hand. And the beauty of the classic,other the environment is the way to have online all those thinks I said ,means ,statistics,trophies,lodges etc ,online store off ALL items (not locked) and the facility to buy what we want at the time we want. No points,locks and the obligation to play the game as a continuity .Don't forget you can't go where you want at the time you choose you have to "Continue" . Think if you have to continue for 10 years :!: :!: :!: :lol:
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

The biggest thing wrong with Classic right now are Microtransactions gamer's are getting feed up with game's styled this way. They have no problems buying stuff in DLC's which many game's are going that route now. Yes you can make an argument that you don't have to buy everything with is true but there are also alot of things that give you an edge not going to name them all. Anyway's i think it will be around for a few more years. I highly doubt they are even considering moving it to a new engine. You could say they even caught on with COTW you can unlock most stuff and the stuff they do sale are in DLC's.
Braylin50
Tracker

Post by Braylin50 »

My hope is they sell Thehunter classic off to another company that will give it some real love. EW have not put much love into Thehunter in a few years, other than a few new reserves and animals. The game launcher is outdated. The competitions haven't seen any changes in years. The stat tracking is completely bugged out. I do understand they need to make money to keep it going, but they've pretty much milked what they have dry.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

@ vasaet. Quote/ .. Don't forget you can't go where you want at the time you choose you have to "Continue" .. end quote.

I dont really get what you are saying here. At any time in COTW you can fast travel to any hut or tent for free, set the time and pay with in game currency, then start your hunt any time you want.
You can switch maps from anywhere in the game by using M then H and then set your time and place to start your hunt from the lodge or tent menus.

In COTW you travel for free. In Classic you pay with in game currency.
In COTW you pay to set the time with in game currency. In classic you set the time for free.
Where is the problem. COTW gives you all the same choices as Classic , it just gets there by a different route.

The only reason you would want to use the "Start a new game" button is if you ever wanted to start over from scratch. Using this option means you loose all.
"Continue" is the only logical choice to keep advancing in the game.

Maybe the problem I am having in understanding your point, is in the translation to English.

To all the gloom and doom experts who think Classic is dying, whats the point. Its here now so keep playing. If it dies so be it . There will be nothing you can do about it then or Now.
The only thing in this world that never changes, is Change itself.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

This is my wish list for the Thunter Classic to be fixed/improve on 2019

1. Revamp (new model) for Turkey (mostly the hen, they look like black vultures)
2. New model for Roosevelt Elk
3. New model for Black Bear (fur like grizzly)
4. Fix the Lemur head/face of Brown/Grizzly Bears
5. Fix the spawn animals on old Reserves (Loggers, WhIsland, RfFalls)
6. Fix the spook range for Turkey with Bows
7. Fix the hit box for Reinder/Turkey (can't remember other)
8. Fix/reduce the spook range of Parker/Pulsar/Snakebite/Cbow/Rcbow
9. Magazine for old rifles .300, .243., .270
OLD RESERVES THAT NEW SOME LOVE - now they are desert and boring compare to new ones
10. Improve/repopulate the quantity of White/Black Tail on Whisland/RfFeathers (like Mules on Timber)
11. Improve/repopulate the quantity of Mule Deer on Loggers (like Timber)
12. Improve/repopulate the quantity of WTail/Elk on S-Screek (like Mules on Timber/Moose on Wridge)

I'm not asking fix bugs, just fix what you broke when MP was introduced or changes done when you mess with Hit boxes for Turkeys hit boxes/spook IA
Just my tots for 2019, forgot something?
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

New engine..imagine all the maps, animals and items in the store transferring to a new engine. I am not an IT expert but I have a feeling that would be a gigantic task to do. And for what in return?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ludante wrote:New engine..imagine all the maps, animals and items in the store transferring to a new engine. I am not an IT expert but I have a feeling that would be a gigantic task to do. And for what in return?

If everything we have her (in our accounts) is transferred to a new engine with no charge to the customers other than our already payed membership then would be a non profitable business in the short term, but may keep and bring back players for the long term since would be all renewed. Still i think that any new engine or new The Hunter would be made as a separate new game, is just too gigantic task to develop and implement all the reserves and items we have here into a engine in just 1 or 2 years, we have 10 years of development running here. A new start would need to be small, a couple of reserves at time, limited animals, slowly testing, and fixing, and adjusting. and then we have COTW for that, is EW big enough in manpower and funds to do the development 2 new huge games at same time? i don't know, Maybe after COTW start to fade and a new product be needed.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

I have not been around as long as many on these forums. But I have played a few MMOS. All of them have a thread that say the game is dead or dying. This game is dated for sure. But honestly the average gamer is not running top end gaming rigs to play fancy online games. ESO for example, gorgeous game, but there woods and world look nothing like this game. Albeit they have to accommodate more intricate mechanics etc but this game still feels as if I'm walking through the woods or on the dusty outback. COTW is like Skyrim Special Edition, with this game being like Skyrim Vanilla. SE is gorgeous but Oldrim still is a damn good looking game. Just my two cents!
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DanthemanBoone wrote:@ vasaet. Quote/ .. Don't forget you can't go where you want at the time you choose you have to "Continue" .. end quote.

I dont really get what you are saying here. At any time in COTW you can fast travel to any hut or tent for free, set the time and pay with in game currency, then start your hunt any time you want.
You can switch maps from anywhere in the game by using M then H and then set your time and place to start your hunt from the lodge or tent menus.

In COTW you travel for free. In Classic you pay with in game currency.
In COTW you pay to set the time with in game currency. In classic you set the time for free.
Where is the problem. COTW gives you all the same choices as Classic , it just gets there by a different route.

The only reason you would want to use the "Start a new game" button is if you ever wanted to start over from scratch. Using this option means you loose all.
"Continue" is the only logical choice to keep advancing in the game.
I like you said ""Continue" is the only logical choice to keep advancing in the game" that means you are in an enclose place ,like an animal,you never can go home,because you have to starting from the beginning.
I will give you only an example on how is absurd the way of COTW. Suppose is 11 am and you want to start in another place at 8 am . Give me the solution. maybe going to sleep for 22 hours to continue the day after at 9 am or returning back in time :lol: That is the game you call "logical" :!: But I forgot " It's only a game" ;)
Last edited by vsaet on January 3rd, 2019, 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General Chat”