5 Years with you muggs!!! - sorry, another one of those

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Radamus
Master Hunter

5 Years with you muggs!!! - sorry, another one of those

Post by Radamus »

It was a cold and snowed in day in December of 2013. MY wife had bought be a new laptop and gave it to me a week early- came across some advertisement to download some hunting game that popped up when I got it fired up and online. I still look at that day as some kind of fate as I wasn't looking for any games, didn't play any and had never crossed my mind *online gaming? what's that? Hmmm lets see*. I started downloading it- but it was huge! so I gave up on it. A couple days later I turned it on again and here it wanted to continue loading this game??? That's strange, ok, we're snowed in *was a record setting winter for snow that year* So I let it finish. I recorded my first hunt on 12-22-13 but it wasn't until 12-28 that I collected my first animal. I had shot deer, but no idea how to collect them so I got acquainted with Doc from day 1!

Finally after watching a video I saw someone on YT collect an animal! AHA! It was most likely RonMcTube as he did a lot of videos back at that time. I saw how to use the GPS thingy! So on that 28th of December, after a 6hr45min hunt I collected 2 mule deer does! That day was 97 pages, roughly 3.380 hunts ago, and 4,607 hours of hunting. It would be another month before finally signing up for the forum after reading it for a couple weeks and it was due to all the help I got that kept me going - I asked a lot of questions and back then it was quite typical to get a response with a link to the same subject being discussed previously :lol: But then there were those who actually tried to help because it was hard just to phrase a question properly because at the beginning you don't know which direction is up or down, I've always tried to remember that and never forget my roots because we all start exactly the same way- dumb as a rock :lol: ... Fortunately one of the best tools I ever found were videos by Ron and Hoo - Those put it all in perspective where it all made sense.

I remember a lot of firsts from this game but mostly I remember all the people, some still here and some since gone. Obviously for the time I've put in I feel like it was all worth it for all the great friendships from around the globe. One of my highlights was being invited to the Mod squad and giving back and that led to another great moment of passing the torch to someone else and going back to just a regular player without that stress :lol:

There's been a lot of highs and certainly some lows but I'm a glass half full person and although this old gal isn't perfect, she's been a lot worse. In a way this game is a lot like a real living person, it's never without flaws.

So to all my friends, I drink to you! you are the ones who've made it everything is has ever been, and what an outstanding group of people you are.

Cheers all! Len
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: 5 Years with you muggs!!! - sorry, another one of those

Post by Schlachtwolf »

8-) I have been in the game for only 2 1/2 years but I can so identify with what you are saying. So as another year begs it's leave and we welcome another, I too will raise my glass with you (a 16 year old Laugavulin-my favorite) to all my fellow hunters and to this game which I would compare to Beethovens 9th..... a Classic for all-time !!! 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

Len, here's to another 5 years, shall we? :lol: next year will be my 10th year in the game and 9th on the forums, I'm thinking about a party, guess who is on the high list of invited? :lol: :lol: :lol:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Congrats Len! You're one of the reasons this game is so much fun!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Congrats on your fifth year Rad...and to think you're stlll runnin' around in under-roos. You are certainly correct tho'- we all started off the same way- dumb like rock, quick like stick. :lol: :lol: Seriously this place wouldn't be the same without the likes of you. You've helped many and encouraged more. Hope to see you still here in another five. To you Rad- "Cheers". ;) Respect.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Cheers to you Radamus, we all got in this game as little puppies trying to figure out how do the things, and Doc ready to point our mistakes, has been a long but great ride until now, not always perfect, sometimes far of perfect, but in the end, fun, or we would not be her by now right? so another years passes by and lets hope next one found us here again in good health, and the game running smoothly.

Happy new year people.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Mountaineer
Hunter

Post by Mountaineer »

That was the same time I joined. It was snowy and crappy out and I was bored, then I found The Hunter and have been hooked ever since. I'm glad I found it, I've met a lot of cool people on here including you, my fellow native West Virginian, Len. Here's to another 5 years.(Fingers crossed the game hangs on that long.)

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Nice little story there, Rad. Congrats on the 5 years bro!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

congrats len ! nice story and read ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Many thanks guys, you all typify exactly what it's all about. I hope this game hangs around for a long time to come because it's worth it to suffer a few flaws when the people make it almost perfect.

After I wrote this last night I decided to go have a little hunt and pulled out a couple for the wall - It's those kind of hunts that surprise you now and then and put a smile on because no matter how far and few between those little rewards now and then still provide warm fuzzies!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”