They got me again [Sale after purchase]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: They got me again [Sale after purchase]

Post by Fletchette »

L3M182 wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Ok thanks, i don't know too much about fire arms irl, but from what i have researched the Magnum.44 that we get in the membership bundles is based on a Super Redhawk, or similar at least, and the other, is based in the Special, i think the Special also have a .454 caliber irl, but i cant say for sure, if is so would be great get it in The Hunter someday.
Hard to say what they are based on, since many revolvers/guns look alike. IRL the Ruger Redhawk and Super Redhawk are double action revolvers, but the .44's in the game are single action. Like some other large bore revolvers, a .44 magnum can also fire the non-magnum .44 Special round. Just a like most guns chambered in .454 Casull can also fire .45 long colt, and most guns chambered in .357 magnum can also fire .38 special. But not the other way around. You can't fire a .454 round from a gun built for .45 long colt, or a .357 magnum round from a gun built for .38 special, or really bad things could happen. :o

The only .44 ammo in the game is .44 REM Magnum, so both .44 revolvers are .44 magnums. The newer one just has a bit longer barrel and a muzzle brake, which is probably why the named it "Custom".
true the super red hawk is double action however thats not to say the one in game isnt. Nothing stopping you from cocking a double action revolver, in fact its probably recommended for a precision shot like one taken in a hunting situation. Faster lock time and a more positive trigger pull and break being factors in making it a more accurate shot
Absolutely, in fact I have a Redhawk in .357 mag and almost always pull the hammer back, especially when hunting. I said the game's .44's are single action because the store description explicitly says they are.
Personal Bests...
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Hard to say what they are based on, since many revolvers/guns look alike. IRL the Ruger Redhawk and Super Redhawk are double action revolvers, but the .44's in the game are single action. Like some other large bore revolvers, a .44 magnum can also fire the non-magnum .44 Special round. Just a like most guns chambered in .454 Casull can also fire .45 long colt, and most guns chambered in .357 magnum can also fire .38 special. But not the other way around. You can't fire a .454 round from a gun built for .45 long colt, or a .357 magnum round from a gun built for .38 special, or really bad things could happen. :o

The only .44 ammo in the game is .44 REM Magnum, so both .44 revolvers are .44 magnums. The newer one just has a bit longer barrel and a muzzle brake, which is probably why the named it "Custom".
true the super red hawk is double action however thats not to say the one in game isnt. Nothing stopping you from cocking a double action revolver, in fact its probably recommended for a precision shot like one taken in a hunting situation. Faster lock time and a more positive trigger pull and break being factors in making it a more accurate shot
Absolutely, in fact I have a Redhawk in .357 mag and almost always pull the hammer back, especially when hunting. I said the game's .44's are single action because the store description explicitly says they are.
ah so it does i stand corrected fair enough.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Hey people quick, the Hunting Horn is on sale! this is a golden chance, and what better way to receive the new year that blowing loudly a Hunting Horn next to the fireworks? :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

VonStratos wrote:Hey people quick, the Hunting Horn is on sale! this is a golden chance, and what better way to receive the new year that blowing loudly a Hunting Horn next to the fireworks? :D
Now all I need to do is decide if I'm content with just one of these, or if I should buy another one for good measure. You know, a spare, just in case, since they're on sale and all. I can't even begin to fathom what the process is for deciding what goes on sale, but I really can't imagine the hunting horn being a desirable piece of equipment. The mind boggles :?
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Hey people quick, the Hunting Horn is on sale! this is a golden chance, and what better way to receive the new year that blowing loudly a Hunting Horn next to the fireworks? :D
Now all I need to do is decide if I'm content with just one of these, or if I should buy another one for good measure. You know, a spare, just in case, since they're on sale and all. I can't even begin to fathom what the process is for deciding what goes on sale, but I really can't imagine the hunting horn being a desirable piece of equipment. The mind boggles :?
Hey VonStratos,
The Hunting Horn is super cool, you just need to buy the Golden Hunting Horn Add-On!
When you now blow the trumpet, it act as an anti caller for the female Roe Deer!

Spoiler:
This Add-on is a Joke of course, Happy New Year! :P
Happy Hunting :D

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Pretty_Boy wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Hey VonStratos,
The Hunting Horn is super cool, you just need to buy the Golden Hunting Horn Add-On!
When you now blow the trumpet, it act as an anti caller for the female Roe Deer!

Spoiler:
This Add-on is a Joke of course, Happy New Year! :P
Happy Hunting :D

That is amazing, all the roe deer problems would be solved...but is not-buyable, :(
Spoiler:
I know is a joke item but really look like a real one, EW make it so :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

You didn't lost em$ - you just payed some for 'not waiting and wasting time'. Just got the desired content, a discount on which could wait for several months.

P/S Happy New Year!
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

snakeyes32 wrote:I'm have to stop buying things every time i buy something a day or 2 later it's on sale. They got me on the lodge, gun rack, lodge style, Dog, Dog equipment, and now the 2x10x42 rifle scope. I just bought a black one yesterday because i din't like how the camo one i have for my .223 looked on the 7mm-08. Well really they din't get me lol but i should start waiting at least till the sales are over.
I feel you're pain. I wish the would institute a refund of the difference when that happens within at least 24 hours. I however learned and hold until the sales.

Return to “General Chat”