.50 ball

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jhon
Hunter

.50 ball

Post by Jhon »

Today I saw an interesting thing:

Did I miss something? why can't we hunt foxes with .50 ball? We can blast them with .243 and buckshot but not with .50 ball.. is there something behind this or is it just the way it is because 'reasons'?
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Re: .50 ball

Post by snakeyes32 »

Hum that's a good question Red fox are bigger then Artic fox but like you said you can blast them with all the same ammo but .50 ball.
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

.50 ball would destroy a fox, its like hitting it with a 10 ga slug. However I feel that species like hog and fox and coyote should have open ammunition choices because they are pests.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Dillakiller870 wrote:.50 ball would destroy a fox, its like hitting it with a 10 ga slug. However I feel that species like hog and fox and coyote should have open ammunition choices because they are pests.
I get your point but look at the chart. You can use .50 ball on Red Fox but not Arctic Fox. Everything else that is permitted for the Red Fox you can use on the Arctic Fox. Now Fox and Coyote are hunted for there pelts Coyotes not as much. So no you don't always just want to destroy them. Now the Red fox does weight about twice as much and is 70% longer in size. They will also prey on Arctic Fox in places they both habitat. If that's the logic there using there should be more then just the .50 ball not on that list.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

The whole fox thing has been strange, like they are special. Fox are a varmint, nuisance predatory animal no different than a coyote. There was a time when they were hunted for fur, and I've said this before, no one in their right mind is going to buy fur these day.
There's plenty of videos out there showing fox and bobcat for example as awesome house pets. In the field being hunted? I don't see a reason for any restrictions, blast em! kind of "run what ya brung" affair.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

snakeyes32 wrote:
Dillakiller870 wrote:.50 ball would destroy a fox, its like hitting it with a 10 ga slug. However I feel that species like hog and fox and coyote should have open ammunition choices because they are pests.
I get your point but look at the chart. You can use .50 ball on Red Fox but not Arctic Fox. Everything else that is permitted for the Red Fox you can use on the Arctic Fox. Now Fox and Coyote are hunted for there pelts Coyotes not as much. So no you don't always just want to destroy them. Now the Red fox does weight about twice as much and is 70% longer in size. They will also prey on Arctic Fox in places they both habitat. If that's the logic there using there should be more then just the .50 ball not on that list.
i thought arctic fox were smaller than red fox, the red fox is twice the arctic foxś weight. I do agree with your main point though about all weapons for varmints and pests.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

How can one call using a .50 caliber muzzleloader on a little bobcat "ethical"? That competition needs a little more thought. All restrictions on weapons/animals should be re-thought.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

CAmulieman wrote:How can one call using a .50 caliber muzzleloader on a little bobcat "ethical"? That competition needs a little more thought. All restrictions on weapons/animals should be re-thought.
Have you ever used the "Cap Lock"? It is pretty much useless on anything bigger than a bobcat in the game. :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

It's not entirely useless, I'm using it for the mule deer at TGT and it works very well, I can also kill a turkey with a single shot at 140 meters :D
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

fantamichele wrote:It's not entirely useless, I'm using it for the mule deer at TGT and it works very well, I can also kill a turkey with a single shot at 140 meters :D
True it's pretty good up to deer size animals, I was just trying to be funny. ;)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “General Chat”