It was 9 years ago

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vsaet
Hunter

It was 9 years ago

Post by vsaet »

Hi Hunters
It was 9 years ago on December 21 2009 that I started playing "The Hunter Classic" or for me THE HUNTER. I was guest for 48 hours :!: but what the impact the new at that time game had to me you can see it because I am here 9 years later.
About 2,5 months later I was registered here. I have to explain why I post today for 9 years and not wait 10 ,like it will be the Hunter in 3 months. The reason is that with EW last time we don't know what is to come with the Classic.
The old hunters will remember the glorious times of that one reserve.We was happy to have it and expected more thing that I have to accept and thanks EW for. I have also to Thanks 2 other persons the administrators of the tournament site "Antler Creek Lodge" most common as ACL Honeywest and DHRifleman ho I meet the same time that I started posting here and registered to their beautiful site were i am also today about 9 years in a few months.
I have only good words to say about the hunter, me, who I am hunter IRL from more than 55 years . Certainly is not a simulation but a game but when we are in game we have the feeling of a real hunt. I am a little disappointed from the turn that the game taken from about 4 years with the new engine but also with it's way. Commercialized and based on sales left the playing side back even if the release new reserves guns etc .I was ready to left but I thought that i can stay without participating in any comp at the moment that I has the tournament site I mentioned earlier. In that way I play as a free hunter,playing some missions to have some gm$ ;) and be there for my loved game.
I want now to speak about the danger that risque to ending The Hunter Classic ,the new brother called COTW. Because I has not the game and has only an idea fron different videos i Purchased and that to have a real idea for that. DISAPPOINTED in all ways. If COTW will be the game to replace the Classic,I an afraid EW will lost many-many players. Is not a bad game is a game of today a video game more for exploring that hunting. The movement of the player is catastrophic,compared to the Classic , you can't start the hour of the day you wand you can only "Continue" and if you start a new game ,I think, you start from the beginning. I can't say many things because I was in game only for 10 hours about,AND i was left it and return to my loved Classic. What a difference. If EW give a little more in the engine of the classic nothing can replacing it. And something that I think is not a bug but because the player can't buy directly guns ,to buy guns they have to unlock those guns. Well Doc will not be so satisfy to know that I killed a Black Bear with the 243. I expected a warning or something but not I was rewarded :!: . That is the COTW. A very good video game but not a hunting game. It is good for consoles.
I have to clarify hear that all the above is MY OPINION and to Wish to all players of the Hunter Classic and COTW Happy Holidays merry Christmas and a Good Year and long life to The Hunter Classic.
Granti
Hunter

Re: It was 9 years ago

Post by Granti »

happy holidays to you, too.

and i just can support your thoughts of comparing cotw and th:c

but i do hope classic isnt dead yet:))
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

congrats on 9 years ! have fun enjoy what you like.
Xtron
Scout

Post by Xtron »

Happy holidays! Nine years for me too. Started 28 july 2009. And i can also support your thoughts of comparing cotw and thc! I get more and more frustrated about the way things change. Thc isn't build on love for hunting anymore, but a milking game. Bugs have no priority, money it is.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

happy holidays merry christmas and happy new year too vsaet :)
Congrats for your 9 years of THC.
I share your thoughts about COTW and what may happen if THC stops a day.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

FR_Bugs wrote:happy holidays merry christmas and happy new year too vsaet :)
Congrats for your 9 years of THC.
I share your thoughts about COTW and what may happen if THC stops a day.
It was more easier to write the post in French( my second language after the Greek) but I can't because it's not permitted in the forum ;)
Bonnes Fêtes :!:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Congrats on your 9th anniversery.

I have to say I disagree with your opinion of CoTW. I too have a great many years spent hunting & can with all honestly say that Classic isnt any more or less realistic than CoTW. They are both "games" that take liberties with reality to make the game more enjoyable.
Frankly, once CoTW matures some more I can see the community moving to it in droves. Personally the only things that keeps me in Classic are True Racks, Statistics, Trophy Shots & Trophy lodges. Once CoTW gets those (You can bet your bottom dollar at some point it will) I will likely leave Classic behind.

In the end, enjoy whichever game you prefer.

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Congrats vsaet . Happy holidays to you also .Joyeuses fêtes .
Btw, you can write in French as long as you have the english translation as well .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Congratulations vsaet on your Ninth anniversary and wishing you, family and friends a very safe Merry Christmas! :D
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Congratulations vsaet, almost a full decade, that is a long voyage sure with ups and downs, but i hope you make it to 10, and have a Merry Christmas too.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”