It was 9 years ago

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: It was 9 years ago

Post by Ludante »

Congrats on your 9 years, I have started in August 2014.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

nice congrats men!!! and yes i play too long time ago ,just some last couple years ago i start spend money her,but i love the classic!!
COTW is just for fun,the classic is for hunting!!
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Well done , for still being with us. I started just a little before you and have enjoyed reading your posts over the years.
I too was a hunter for most of my life until physical deterioration curtailed many of my outdoor activities so its great to be able to have a small part of the former days in a digital format.
Dont be believing everything you hear about C.O.T.W. I have been playing for about 3 weeks and enjoy it immensely. Playing as a free hunter is not very much different than free hunting in Classic. If you ignore the scripted version and do your own thing it can be great. Yes you can start any time you want. Go in to the lodge, set the alarm, jump into bed and start at the time you set. Fast travel is also free around the lodges. Everything is so familiar, the guns are underpowered, the bows are overpowered, the animals have armor plates between their lungs, the avatar in single player has no feet, (remember the early days of classic ) the only thing you might miss is DOC.
If classic does wind down, I will not have a problem going completely over to C.O.T.W. But would sure miss Classic for a heap of reasons.
Lets hope it dosnt happen.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Well done , for still being with us. I started just a little before you and have enjoyed reading your posts over the years.
I too was a hunter for most of my life until physical deterioration curtailed many of my outdoor activities so its great to be able to have a small part of the former days in a digital format.
Dont be believing everything you hear about C.O.T.W. I have been playing for about 3 weeks and enjoy it immensely. Playing as a free hunter is not very much different than free hunting in Classic. If you ignore the scripted version and do your own thing it can be great. Yes you can start any time you want. Go in to the lodge, set the alarm, jump into bed and start at the time you set. Fast travel is also free around the lodges. Everything is so familiar, the guns are underpowered, the bows are overpowered, the animals have armor plates between their lungs, the avatar in single player has no feet, (remember the early days of classic ) the only thing you might miss is DOC.
If classic does wind down, I will not have a problem going completely over to C.O.T.W. But would sure miss Classic for a heap of reasons.
Lets hope it dosnt happen.
I have no problem with the COTW. The only thing that disappoint me is that you have no the liberty of choice. You have to unlock everything. And to start with the alarm you have to pay ;) . I will give you an example of what i say. Today I was hunting in Whiterime Ridge for the ACL tournament. I started were I want the hour I want and something that I have not make another time I was walking over the floating ice blocks for about 2 km. Is all those things that miss from the COTW.And what will happened if I start a new game? I make it once and lost all I has awarded! There no bachup of a game there. In the classic you don't need it because all is stored in the server.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

COTW just don't appeal to me from all the videos I watched. I could of easily just bought that game and all the DLC add on's and saved some money then what I just dropped on this game in the last week.

All and vsaet Congrats on your 9 years.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

SoftShoe wrote:Congrats on your 9th anniversery.

I have to say I disagree with your opinion of CoTW. I too have a great many years spent hunting & can with all honestly say that Classic isnt any more or less realistic than CoTW. They are both "games" that take liberties with reality to make the game more enjoyable.
Frankly, once CoTW matures some more I can see the community moving to it in droves. Personally the only things that keeps me in Classic are True Racks, Statistics, Trophy Shots & Trophy lodges. Once CoTW gets those (You can bet your bottom dollar at some point it will) I will likely leave Classic behind.

In the end, enjoy whichever game you prefer.
COTW does it not have Trophy Shots, Trophy lodges and Mounts you can earn to hang in the Trophy lodge? I just watched a video with this stuff in it. No it's not quite the same but it's in there the Trophy lodge for sure but you have to earn the mounts unlike here were you can Taxidermy anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er-8x0WwGqw
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

snakeyes32 wrote: COTW does it not have Trophy Shots, Trophy lodges and Mounts you can earn to hang in the Trophy lodge? I just watched a video with this stuff in it. No it's not quite the same but it's in there the Trophy lodge for sure but you have to earn the mounts unlike here were you can Taxidermy anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er-8x0WwGqw
You have a camera so can take pics of the animal laying on the ground but not a true trophy shot like Classic. Also there were no trophy lodges before park Fernando but it looks like they are coming.

I hated having to unlock the guns & gear too but now that it is I am enjoying myself with it.

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

lx188 wrote: COTW is just for fun,the classic is for hunting!!
At some points COTW is more realistic than Classic.

For example: Calling a animal in classic let comes the animal exact to the call-point, like a dog. Hunting it is very (too) easy.
In COTW they don't do it. They comes too, but only near to the call-point. Never exact to the point. Much more realistic and a little bit harder to hunt.
In a sense Classic is more arcade than COTW. ;) :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Pittie wrote: In a sense Classic is more arcade than COTW. ;) :)
Agreed!

Classic still has that arcadey scoped in view unlike COTW.
Classic is like having your eyeball in the scope! :lol:
Classic needs to be like this on high powered scopes: http://prntscr.com/lycmmu
Animal A.I is so stupid in Classic, COTW A.I is much better of an example to real life, had a WT buck down wind to me in COTW that just wouldn't come in even laying down from 90m out!
Classic... LUL it's a joke it's like scent doesn't even matter, got under 30m crouched no scent camo on also wind going towards buck.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that. ;)
Both games have ups and downs.

Side note: You shouldn't compare what Classic has over COTW as that's an un-fair argument because you're comparing 9 years of content to about 2 years worth of content in COTW.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

Ravenousfox wrote:Side note: You shouldn't compare what Classic has over COTW as that's an un-fair argument because you're comparing 9 years of content to about 2 years worth of content in COTW.
I'd agree with you if they where made by different company's. They already had the building blocks for COTW and how to make a decent hunting game. I'm not saying one's better then the other that comes down to your taste. What could be said is one game is 10 years old while the other is about 2 years COTW uses a better game engine as well. Which will allow for the better AI ect ect. Then again i'd prob still disagree even if they were made by different company's. People are paid to do just that compare games the pro's and cons and give them a rating.

Return to “General Chat”