Increased geese spook rate???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dilaj
Tracker

Increased geese spook rate???

Post by Dilaj »

Im tried to hunt geese from my Tower with .22 plinkington and also with the .17 hmr a lots of them fly down to the ground but i only can get 1 and the others fly up my Tower is 190m away from the geese. Anyone else got the same problem?
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Increased geese spook rate???

Post by SoftShoe »

I noticed this a cpl weeks ago. I was crouched & wearing camo about 150m away & they spooked. I didnt think much about it at the time because I wasnt hunting geese.

ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

Yeah, I noticed it a few weeks ago too. I missed a few shots and they didn't spook, but as soon as I hit one they all took off. I think they are spooking from geese getting shot, not the actual gunshot, so I don't think the spook radius was increased, but the actual way they get spooked. It's a pity, even though it makes it a massacre, I used to enjoy sitting back taking numerous long shots with the small calibers. I would like to hear from an official source on exactly what has happened.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fetch those birds' scoresheets and check if their wound time is 0.0s.
Spoiler:
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

BuiuRei wrote:Fetch those birds' scoresheets and check if their wound time is 0.0s.
Good point! I just had a look at one of mine. 236.160m shot, .17 HMR, wound time 0 (didn't show decimals on the score sheet, just 0). I actually remember this shot because it wasn't at my usual goose spot and I remember missing the first shot and they didn't spook.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I haven't been on to check but interesting.
Sounds like they finally nerfed my Goose feeder method. :P
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

This summer and autumn I ran literally through a flock of these geese on each my evening running workout around a lake nearby.
These geese did not care at all. Sometimes they even did not made a single step from my way, and I passed in less than 1 m from a goose. I could touch one if I wanted.
And each time that happened I remembered how would CGs behave in the game...

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
rogor
Scout

Post by rogor »

The geese are landing and standing like statues. My decoys are more animated than the animals. What this means, tho', is that they are not dispersing. As soon as you shhot one, the next to it spooks ...

If you do get a rare one that lands a bit away from the others, you can shoot it safely.

The other side effect of 'the statue effect' is NO BL%$#*& tracks. I have my 4000 geese. My tracking is at level 12 or thereabouts. I sit. I watch. I go 'harvest' tracks. I mean I used to. <sigh>
Yarrymasa
Spotter

Post by Yarrymasa »

Viva,

I've noticed the same thing- a few months ago I used to shot a entire flock with the .22 Plink... I stopped playing for a few months, when I returned it become impossible to do the same... I think that Rogor is correct- they used to roam around but now they are just standing there, like statues!!

Return to “General Chat”