Fact about Tatanka Hot Springs in WRR .

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Fact about Tatanka Hot Springs in WRR .

Post by DYEUZ »

While doing a hunt for Brian's comp, the Sitka , i was auto walking aside the Tatanka Hot springs .
My cat , Lenny , needed some attention . So , like a good pet owner , i started to play with him . :)
Suddenly, heard some splashing . Oh sh.it ! I'm walking in the Springs ! :o My mouse is not well trained to take action by itself , so i grabbed it and got out of the water .
I was expecting to see some frost in the corners of my screen . But no ! Nothing happened and i moved along with no coughing / sneezing . :shock:

So, i guess because it's hot water , we do not get hypothermia !
In a way ,doesn't make sense , because if i'm wet ,with the freezing temperature out there ,eventually i should start getting cold and some of my clothes should iced .

Anyone else ever got that same situation happen to them ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Fact about Tatanka Hot Springs in WRR .

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Great place for Sitka bow hunting, drop some scent and give a few calls and something nice usually drops by. I even have a tower on the SE shore for that. Moose, bison can all show up there, as for not freezing be thankful !!!

Merry Christmas

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I guess since are hot springs the water is volcanic and hot, and you was using cold weather resistant clothes so even when you get wet and came out the air didn't make you cold, now something i have noticed there is that in the lake rises a red mist, is a very curious effect, very volcanic, and as was pointed above, is a great hunting area for Sitka, Moose and Bison.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

The funniest part is you have a cat named Lenny :lol: Say my name! :lol:

I could swear I died in there before in fact I'm sure of it - Those springs have been strange - remember the black hole?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Lenny ... no offence buddy , but he was named after Stevie Ray Vaughan's first guitar . A 65' strat that he bought in 1980 ,in a pawn shop in Austin ,Tx .
That guitar was named Lenny . I am a big fan of him , SRV , and have many memorabilia of him. Even a tattoo in his honor .

ImageImage
;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I stepped into the water out in Polar Bear ice flows, the other day. I coughed for only a few minutes and it went away, I didn't even go to the lodge jus' kept playin'. I also believe there was some thread regarding dying from only gettin' our feet wet. I think EW fixed that. SO maybe you only stepped in the water and only got the soles of your feet wet, which saved you. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I remember falling in the cracks on the Polar bear area, if you cant get out you eventually die, but if you walk in a shore you may start to freeze but if you go to dry you can survive, i think you get the blurry freeze vision until you get into a lodge/tent anyway, it depend on the level of exposition, but i haven't tried in a long time so i cant say for sure if it is like that now.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “General Chat”