MMO mouse for the Hunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: MMO mouse for the Hunter

Post by fantamichele »

Mackie2112 wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Keep in mind even the minimum DPI, I have a 50 DPI mouse is very comfortable for long distance shots, runs very slowly and is positioned on the target very well.
My mouse is an Asus GX 1000
So lowering the DPI with improve accuracy? I notice I have mine set at 500 and Im whipping all over the joint, I mean I make the shots but the slightest tick and Im off chasing a wounded.
By lowering the DPI the mouse moves very slowly and this means that you can position the viewfinder more accurately
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

fantamichele wrote:
Mackie2112 wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Keep in mind even the minimum DPI, I have a 50 DPI mouse is very comfortable for long distance shots, runs very slowly and is positioned on the target very well.
My mouse is an Asus GX 1000
So lowering the DPI with improve accuracy? I notice I have mine set at 500 and Im whipping all over the joint, I mean I make the shots but the slightest tick and Im off chasing a wounded.
By lowering the DPI the mouse moves very slowly and this means that you can position the viewfinder more accurately
It depends on what mouse he has. A decent amount the lowest DPI setting is 500 standard range of your mid range gaming mouse are 500 up to 3200. The more top of the line ones are far more adjustable from 1 to 10,800. That's why I also suggested the adjust the mouse sensitivity in the game in the options menu. This will also allow you to slow the moment down.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

snakeyes32 wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Mackie2112 wrote:
It depends on what mouse he has. A decent amount the lowest DPI setting is 500 standard range of your mid range gaming mouse are 500 up to 3200. The more top of the line ones are far more adjustable from 1 to 10,800. That's why I also suggested the adjust the mouse sensitivity in the game in the options menu. This will also allow you to slow the moment down.
I always prefer to have a low option on the mouse regardless of the settings of the game. Use 50 DPI for long distance shots, 500 DPI for shooting birds in flight, 2000 DPI that I use normally and 8000 DPI when I use binoculars. Game settings are set to medium-low levels
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

fantamichele wrote: I always prefer to have a low option on the mouse regardless of the settings of the game. Use 50 DPI for long distance shots, 500 DPI for shooting birds in flight, 2000 DPI that I use normally and 8000 DPI when I use binoculars. Game settings are set to medium-low levels

No I completely understand what your saying. What i'm saying is some mouse only go as low as 500 DPI so it depends on what type he has. I've had a few gaming mice over the years that you could only go as low as 500 DPI on them. The one I have now is far more adjustable from 1 DPI to 10,800 DPI.
Last edited by Hawkeye on December 28th, 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

snakeyes32 wrote:
fantamichele wrote: I always prefer to have a low option on the mouse regardless of the settings of the game. Use 50 DPI for long distance shots, 500 DPI for shooting birds in flight, 2000 DPI that I use normally and 8000 DPI when I use binoculars. Game settings are set to medium-low levels

No I completely understand what your saying. What i'm saying is some mouse only go as low as 500 DPI so it depends on what type he has. I've had a few gaming mice over the years that you could only go as low as 500 DPI on them. The one I have now is far more adjustable from 1 DPI to 10,800 DPI.
Yes this mouse is fantastic, as soon as mine is not working anymore I will certainly purchase this ;)
Last edited by Hawkeye on December 28th, 2018, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

fantamichele wrote:
snakeyes32 wrote:
fantamichele wrote: By lowering the DPI the mouse moves very slowly and this means that you can position the viewfinder more accurately
I always prefer to have a low option on the mouse regardless of the settings of the game. Use 50 DPI for long distance shots, 500 DPI for shooting birds in flight, 2000 DPI that I use normally and 8000 DPI when I use binoculars. Game settings are set to medium-low levels
Thanks! My mouse goes as low at 100. i set it that low and saw improvement with holding my selected spot on the animal! tried higher with geese and wow! So thank you as I had no idea this was something I could do.
blendy
Tracker

Post by blendy »

de mis ratones suelo usar el steelseries 500 para configurar los pdi y los 10 botones de inventario,
en los años que llevo en el juego pasaron varios ratones ej (corsair M95 ) (Mad Catz M.M.O 7 Gaming)...

asi que lo mas importante es un raton que funcione correctamente sea preciso, buena pantalla para disfrutar del juego creo que eso y una buena conesion
My Englishman does not come to basic, to if that I use a translator/https://www.youtube.com/user/esploky/videos
Signature Statshttp://www.uhcapps.co.uk/refer/?rid=UHC00197
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I've been through a few different ones but each of them had adjustable dpi on some buttons. The one I'm using now has all kinds of programmable profiles and key binding combinations. I like being able to change dpi for exactly what is said prior between running, crawling and lining up a shot- makes a world of difference.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I have a Logitech G700s mouse. I would appreciate it if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to change the commands for buttons. Is it the same for each one? I know how to change the DPI, but that's it. Once I change the programmable buttons, how do I save it? Do I give it a profile # in the Logitech Gaming Software? I'm a complete idiot when it comes to these things. I use the same mouse for everything on the PC, so I think I should have a second profile for everything besides playing theHunter. Is that true?

TIA

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

It looks like you have it set to use profiles on the mouse. Go back a screen or two until it's just the mouse (ON-BOARD MEMORY) -next to the mouse on the right side there are pics - a mouse & a chip, a gear, monitor and tower. Click the monitor/gear/tower and it should change from: ON-BOARD MEMORY to Automatic Game Detection. Ya know I think I'll just PM you.

Basically you have to have it set to allow per-profile settings. Then pick the game if it doesn't auto find it and it will not find THC, and set the buttons how you want them. Note-I have the G502 which is not wireless so maybe slightly different. This may help, but I will PM you too.
https://www.logitech.com/assets/51813/3/lgs-guide.pdf

Return to “General Chat”