MMO mouse for the Hunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
knott
Outfitter

MMO mouse for the Hunter

Post by knott »

https://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/dator ... 0859.8893/

See link for example. Curious if somebody uses this and find it convenient have all the inventory items mapped to the mouse versus keyboard. Thinking I may get away with using a gamepad joystick for movement
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: MMO mouse for the Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I use a similar mouse and a programmable gameboard, both by Logitech (the G700s and the G13 to be precise). Bought them two years ago and created my own keymaps for the games I play the most. Got the mouse in my right hand, my left hand on the gameboard, will never touch the "regular" keyboard again when playing tH or similar games.
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I use a Mad Catz rat3 and a programmable keyboard as Tanngnjostr, they are old because i got them years ago for my time in WoW where you needed a lot of keys and macros, but in The hunter i dont ever use that functions anymore, still the added extra buttons in the mouse(2 in the side in my case) and the adjustable dpi button are precious, they allow me draw binos or other items fast, and change the dpi if i need a panoramic fast view in a large area or a precise shot in with a scope at long distance.

For anyone thinking about getting a mouse like that i would recommend them think if they need the mouse only for The Hunter or for more key demanding mmo games, 2 extra buttons are enough, but mouse with a lot of buttons tend to be a lot more expensive.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yes I have those programmable keyboards. Currently has a G13, Fang Gameboard and the Nostromo N52. Used them for as long as I can recall. But I am now curious how well it can work to have similar functionality but on the mouse.

I tried the corsair scimitar pro through their plastic covering so it´s not much of a trial but those button where small. Maybe it would work though but have a big thumb. It does look like I will try the Steelseries Rival 500. Not quite as many buttons but close and more spacing betwen them. I guess I should be able to map all 10 inventory items and some more :)
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I use a Razor naga and have mapped various hotkeys for thehunter
Spoiler:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The naga would be my first choice for any mmorpg, but i think TheHunter doesn't need so many buttons in the mouse, maybe 2 to 4 but well spaced may do the trick, what i consider very useful is a button for adjustable dpi, that is a really great option in mouse when dealing with shooting games/simulators.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

I find Razor to be too small for my hand. I use Logitech G13 gameboard, G810 Orion Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & G502 mouse and they ALL are illuminated ;) . The mouse has 11 programmable keys which for me is plenty, fits my hand well and does not have too many buttons on the side & has adjustable DPI of 200-12,000. You can push the mouse wheel left or right and bind those to A/D to strafe, E/I interact/inventory, etc, & each game can have it's own profile, colors, key binds & macros. I tried MMO mice and for me just too many buttons in same area. I got these old man fat fingers (dat wat she said :o oh sh.. gonna get banned now) and had problems with pressing only 1 button. For theHunter, everything I need is on the mouse. Only use KB for dog commands.
Mouse:
Spoiler:
G13:
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

To many buttons on that mouse for my taste. I would end up hitting the wrong one 90% of the time.

I use a Razer Tartarus gamepad & Death Adder Mouse.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

knott wrote:https://www.netonnet.se/art/dator/dator ... 0859.8893/

See link for example. Curious if somebody uses this and find it convenient have all the inventory items mapped to the mouse versus keyboard. Thinking I may get away with using a gamepad joystick for movement
I have just that exact mouse, highly recommended. I've had the Naga in the past too but I much prefer the Corsair.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

female gamer with tiny hands, most of the other gaming mice do not fit my hand. On the flip side, the Naga is a whiz for my Real Life job with the number keys on the side making spread sheet and coding updates an absolute whiz. Nothing beats being able to expense a gaming tool for work :)
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”