MMO mouse for the Hunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: MMO mouse for the Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I have a Logitech G700s mouse. I would appreciate it if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to change the commands for buttons. Is it the same for each one? I know how to change the DPI, but that's it. Once I change the programmable buttons, how do I save it?
I have the exact same mouse, Stan.
1.) Click on the "home" icon at the bottom menu of the Logitech software and switch to "Automatic profile selection / use profiles saved on PC" (or something like this, I use the German version of the software)
2.) Now you should see an additional icon just right to the home icon - "Customize buttons".
3.) Here you can create a new profile and link it to "thehunter.exe" which should make the software automatically select the profile whenever the game is running.
4.) You can also add new keys or key combinations and apply them to any of your mouse buttons here. The map should be saved for your "The Hunter" profile automatically whenever you change something.

If you want to, I can export and send you my configuration for th:C. You can use this and customize it to your needs, without having to enter all the relevant buttons yourself.

EDIT: Reggy was faster. :) Still, my offer stands to send you my configuration - just PM me.
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on January 5th, 2019, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Reggy wrote:I have the G502 which is not wireless so maybe slightly different. This may help, but I will PM you too.
https://www.logitech.com/assets/51813/3/lgs-guide.pdf
That's what I recently bought, really like it a lot - I had what Stan has before but one of the "wheel-tilt" functions I used for making player stand or go prone quit working. Hopefully this one lasts longer - I too like wired - I tried several wireless but it's a given the charge will die at the most critical moments :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Yeah I got an original G500 series (Orange one) years ago for work liked it so much got it for gaming. The tilt-wheel was the main reason at the time. I have gone thru many of them but usually it's the cord that fails before the mouse. My wife is using my old orange one from 2005-2006. Cord is frayed a bit but everything else works great. Thinking about getting the HERO version but not sure there's much difference between that and the current version. That and my G502 mouse is only a few months old.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would like to publicly thank Reggy for taking the time to help my program my gaming mouse so that I can set up the buttons to find only 400+ Elk. (just kidding..he had no clue how to do that!) :lol: :lol: Seriously, thank you Reggy for the informative and patient help to teach me to set up the buttons. I really appreciate it.

Thank you to the others here who offered to help.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”