is it possible ??? [600+ m shot]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Re: is it possible ???

Post by snakeyes32 »

Yeah your right I seen some around 400 meters nothing over that I don't know why I thought it was further. So yes setting I guess play a bigger part then before. Don't mind me though I just came back to playing after a long break. Also yes before the change I know a lot of people would play on low setting for the reasons you stated if I remember right there was a debate over that possible the reason why it got changed? This was when I took my long break so just guessing here.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

snakeyes32 wrote:Also I doubt that very few people can't play this on max setting I could be wrong but i'd be surprised it's not a very GPU demanding game.
Just scroll through the Trophy of the Week and other picture threads and be totally aghast at some of the pictures, from lots of people who are obviously playing on very low settings.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
snakeyes32 wrote:Also I doubt that very few people can't play this on max setting I could be wrong but i'd be surprised it's not a very GPU demanding game.
Just scroll through the Trophy of the Week and other picture threads and be totally aghast at some of the pictures, from lots of people who are obviously playing on very low settings.
That might not be because they can't play on max setting's playing on low has an advantage you lose some render range but can see animals easier though brush ect. Back when it din't matter I played on low setting sometimes in dense area's. Now that they up the render range I play on max all the time. Rather see further then be able to see in brush a bit better.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

snakeyes32 wrote:Yeah your right I seen some around 400 meters nothing over that I don't know why I thought it was further. So yes setting I guess play a bigger part then before. Don't mind me though I just came back to playing after a long break. Also yes before the change I know a lot of people would play on low setting for the reasons you stated if I remember right there was a debate over that possible the reason why it got changed? This was when I took my long break so just guessing here.
The reason why they have the three different ranges for the settings is because if they just increased it across the board there would be many people that could no longer play. Even doing what they did I imagine some players that used to just be able to hunt on medium now have to hunt on low. But that is the price you pay having a PC that is limited, but at least everyone who could play before the change still can.

While low does let you see the animal a bit easier at longer ranges, it also doesn't let you see some objects that will actually block your shot. So the long range comp shooters needed to their homework and know where to set up and where it was going to be clear to hit the animal.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”