Would you recommend the shooting tripod rest?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Would you recommend the shooting tripod rest?

Post by DYEUZ »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:That is a good idea using it for those comps and something to definitely consider.
You could just buy one and carry it with you whenever you need it. In my opinion it's not something you need to setup permanently, so getting one for 385em$ on sale should do the job for the rest of your hunts. ;)
Yeah that was my idea just to have it to carry and use when needed.
You will do what you want of course . But i would go for something else in store , if you absolutely want to spend some . You might be disappointed if you buy it and regret it . Regretting a purchase , is never a good feeling . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Wait, can the tripod be used inside towers and blinds?
No, what I was trying to say is that you can use them as a platform in most official competitions that require one. The advantages of the tripod rest (compared to a blind or tree stand that you carry for the same purpose) are: less weight, can be placed almost everywhere, doesn't spook animals nearby.

Oh ok good to know, there are comps where shoots in standing position are required, and if the tripod is allowed would help a lot in those comps or mission, more even if the tripod ins considered a platform, there are some missions too where shooting from platform are needed, and a tripod would be easier to setup than a blind or a treestand. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The money spent on this object is money thrown from the window, has no use, it is complicated to place, it is complicated to enter, it is complicated to remove it .................... ................ it's complicated and that's it. Useless object
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

DYEUZ wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote: You could just buy one and carry it with you whenever you need it. In my opinion it's not something you need to setup permanently, so getting one for 385em$ on sale should do the job for the rest of your hunts. ;)
Yeah that was my idea just to have it to carry and use when needed.
You will do what you want of course . But i would go for something else in store , if you absolutely want to spend some . You might be disappointed if you buy it and regret it . Regretting a purchase , is never a good feeling . ;)
Very good point. I am on a limited budget for spending on this game and I have to be pretty certain before I buy an item so I may just hold off on this one.

I know it has been talked about on the forums many times; but this is where a "try before you buy" option would be really nice. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Now that decision to not buy it , you will not regret ! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

DYEUZ wrote:...Now that decision to not buy it , you will not regret ! ;)
Thanks Serge! :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
nature9
Spotter

Post by nature9 »

Maybe biggest waste of money of this game's equipment :D
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

nature9 wrote:Maybe biggest waste of money of this game's equipment :D

No, that trophy is for the hunting horn :lol:
Very good point. I am on a limited budget for spending on this game and I have to be pretty certain before I buy an item so I may just hold off on this one.

I know it has been talked about on the forums many times; but this is where a "try before you buy" option would be really nice. :)
That function has been requested for a long time, but in lack of the "try before buy" at least we have youtube, there are many review and gameplay videos about The Hunter equipment

This was made by HooCairs, worth to note is from almost 2 years ago, so if a bug or something has changed it may be important to know. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Rozete
Tracker

Post by Rozete »

paid full price for it month ago, still dont regret a penny.. helped me in tgt during "2 of each" comp, helps now in br shooting goats and roos at distances 250+ when prone is not an option. sometimes even if it is an option im already so used to deploying it i dont think twice
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/roze ... /629632467
took a bit of practice at first. everything goes smooth now..
but! im using it only with lvl10+ guns (going prone with low lvl guns is better), specificly with those (7mm, .300) i can mount eagle
Spoiler:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I personally find the tripod a huge benefit. Like tann said it counts as a platform, so you don't need to walk an animal to a tower nor risk spooking an animal like you do deploying other platforms. It is a great help when using a rifle with low skills and going prone is not an option like in tall grass fields. One thing I've noticed in negative reviews is they see no benefit from it, but they already have high skills so of course you won't see a benefit. If you buy one do this. Take a rifle with no skills and shoulder it but keep your hand off the mouse. Watch how much it wobbles compared to doing the same thing but this using the tripod. You will see a difference. If all your rifles are high enough skills with insignificant wobble, then it is not worth the purchase.

Return to “General Chat”