Would you recommend the shooting tripod rest?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TurboKid
Tracker

Re: Would you recommend the shooting tripod rest?

Post by TurboKid »

Treedweller wrote:Does anybody know whether the shooting tripod rest overrides your clothing camouflage like the other platforms do?
Quite some time ago I was wearing a complete gillie suit and was calling in some elks in WHI. I checked the camo effectiveness on the Huntermate and it was ok, I set up the tripod rest and when I saw the elks I entered it crouching and waited for them to come closer. But soon they spooked from quite far, maybe 50m or more. That made me think it's overriding my camo, leaving me with actually no camo, so I have used it very rarely and very cautiously ever since.
If somebody had more knowledge about this issue it would be much appreciated.

I was thinking you may have gotten scented.
When using the ghillie i try to stay prone as long as possible, use the wind indicator to see which way wind is really going. Either position my self so wind helps me or if the animals are close I will use Scent eliminator at that time if the wind is gonna get me caught.

This may not of been your issue, maybe there is something wrong. But something to consider in your testing.

Ill say one thing Wind indicator isn't used enough. I love that little item. The trees and leaves, don't always tell the truth.
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Thanks for replying. What you've written does make sense. I can't be sure, but they could have picked up my scent.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Well I wished I searched for this before buying the shooting tripod rest deluxe version. I stupidly assumed it would be useful. I find the 'bonus' negligible, maybe non existent? Absolute waste of money.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

It is probably because you are already high weapon skilled Brutus. The thread here shows that it is best for low skilled weapons.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Nah, I tried with weapons of level 3, 5, 8, with the largest scope (including the 22x). Anyway the store says

"Temporarily boosts weapon skill by 7 levels. If a weapon skill already exceeds level 13 then the tripod provides additional wobble reduction and increased aim steadiness beyond level 20."

My ass it does lol
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I like the tripod rest, I use it all the time. I have several rifles at or near Level 20 and it does help, if a little awkward to use. Whether it's worth it to carry around or not is strictly personal opinion. I just wish it weighed less and was only two standing height shooting sticks. I wouldn't buy the Deluxe model though, that would be a waste of money.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Got one a few weeks ago, first couple of times using was ready to give up on it. Often carry it now depends on map am on, it has been great in WRR and TG so far so no complaints from me about it.
B14U2NV
Tracker

Post by B14U2NV »

I purchased the ol' regular version tripod strictly for the moose 18pt mission, pack it up, hit WRR, drop tripod, drop moose. One and done! But, would I recommend it? :lol: No, no i would not, I'm more stable crouched
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Just curious - has anyone noticed a difference in wobble reduction between the premium and standard shooting tripod rests?

Wondering if the premium version is just bugged or something.

herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

I've bought it just now. It probably was a mistake. After about 10-15 minutes of testing aiming with it, I think I do see some difference in wobbling, but it really is very small. Like you really need to look for the difference. I don't think this item is worth paying 10k gm$ or taking 2.5 capacity in your load. In fact I don't even think it is worth giving inventory slot. I would prefer that it could be placed in slot for large equipments too at least.

If item gives you such a small advantage that you need very carefully look to even notice, it probably is not a very good design. Maybe developers could look at it again? If it would give wobble reduction somewhere around middle between crouching and prone positions (or standing and crouching for using it in standing position), then it would be worth item to have and also wouldn't be very overpowered as you still would have better wobble reduction using just prone position.

Return to “General Chat”