7mm-08 Scout Already Being Used

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: 7mm-08 Scout Already Being Used

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote: I know you don't like posts from people that have something negative to say, but here goes. Why didn't they tell us (those who have never heard of, or seen that type of weapon, with that attachment) in the beginning when they described it?
I have no problem with constructive criticism.

This rifle does pretty much exactly what I expected of it. RL knowledge aside, in one of TKs posts he stated when you went prone the legs automatically deployed. That in conjunction with my familiarity with the design makes me what you might call an educated buyer. Those who purchased it in the blind expecting it to operate the way they think it should operate are wrong.

In all things in life caveat emptor.

If you madly scrambled to purchase this before it was even announced as released & before there were any reviews about it you really dont have a leg to stand on. I am certain that will not stop anyone from complaining. Such is the nature of society today, no personal responsibility.

I do have issues with this rifle which I will delineate later but the least of them is how the bipod works.
I certainly agree, caveat emptor. I don't madly scramble to purchase anything. I read the first reviews that were here, from experienced players. Nothing mentioned about the angle from anyone, until Tony posted, but by that time, I had found out for myself. It's a good weapon for PB, for sure. I will just use it in the crouch position.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Try it last night! Bought the Elite version, very happy with the performance, hope Devs not nerf it on the future
I went to WRR, 2 Bears with the HP ammo drop on spot, very happy with the performance of HP
Then try it with Fox just switch ammo and also drop on spot

Very versatile and low weight to carry!! Really Like that, I carry last night this configuration: .340 with 2 box of Ammo, Scout with 20 box of HP and 3 box of HV, Parker with 20 arrows, predator and deer caller, Will be my DEFAULT LOADOUT now for WrR.

Here's the hunt, I was impress with the performance of HP at 184 mts on that 27 Boar!! Please Devs DON'T TOUCH THE PERFORMANCE AS IS NOW!!
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/mapa ... n/83971706

Now I'm gonna try it on Feral and Wild Boar, those Armored Tank pigs are very hard so that will be my final test.

CONGRATS ON THIS NEW RIFLE TO ALL DEVS SCOUT TEAM

ahh forgot to mention, the sound looks like the 8x57 or I think the same, I like the sound of that rifle
Last edited by mapache01 on December 13th, 2018, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The scout sound like a nice addition to the hunting options, very good "all around" capacity, and from what i read, very good stopping power, just something that was mentioned before, please Devs, make the bipod function optional.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Zara_Spook

Post by Zara_Spook »

Its April Ive used this for awhile now. When you get used to the quirks of Bi-pod and level it up so you can shoot kneeling. Its awesome. However the HV round is useless; while it is listed for game up to Black Bear you will be wandering the woods searching an hour later for (any) game shot with it. The round was clearly meant for smaller game at a distance yet fails at this task miserably. You have better chance with a .17 or .223 both rounds are considerably smaller. Until they fix the HV round its not the all around champion it claims to be. After losing Eurasian Lynx left and right I gave up carrying it.

Return to “General Chat”