7mm-08 Scout Already Being Used

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Re: 7mm-08 Scout Already Being Used

Post by TheHunter-Master »

Nothing is wrong. The broken icon covers both ammo and scope slots , you have to join inventory every time and make single moves to mount scopes and add ammo to unequiped item. Even if you mount a scope it is not shown on the top of the weapon until you aim(unfortunatelly i sent it from mobile so i cant post photos). Still the crouch to prone animation is too slow comparing to other weapons without the bipod expand animation. As for the price indeed there is nothing special to this weapon to cost 800ems especially with this ethical list,with that logic 9x74 should cost 1000+ since its an all around rifle. Simply overpriced not belonging to advanced firearms,ew just trying to milk more money with an average weapon. Nothing wrong with that.ill post photos tomorrow in case its not fixed.
Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Thanks to this thread I came to know that even the Elite is buyable at the moment and after a few moments of thinking about it.....I bought it.

After testing it out on WRR with Polar Foxes and Bears....I love it!
Pretty lightweight and with those two kinds of ammo, ethnical for almost all species - except Buffaloes, but for those I have other howitzers - it seems to me as a very versatile weapon. Morever I managed a 319m hit on a Polar Bear with Lvl1 being prone - which was not lethal..but anyway.

Sure it needs some more practical test runs, but for now....AWESOME! Hope it stays like this and does not get nerfed anyhow.
But....can it possibly be that this firing sound does somewhat sound familiar?!?
MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

TheHunter-Master wrote:Nothing is wrong. The broken icon covers both ammo and scope slots , you have to join inventory every time and make single moves to mount scopes and add ammo to unequiped item. Even if you mount a scope it is not shown on the top of the weapon until you aim(unfortunatelly i sent it from mobile so i cant post photos). Still the crouch to prone animation is too slow comparing to other weapons without the bipod expand animation. As for the price indeed there is nothing special to this weapon to cost 800ems especially with this ethical list,with that logic 9x74 should cost 1000+ since its an all around rifle. Simply overpriced not belonging to advanced firearms,ew just trying to milk more money with an average weapon. Nothing wrong with that.ill post photos tomorrow in case its not fixed.
What a crock of poopoo. Buy the gun, haul it around without seeing the scope....

Just came here to find out *** was wrong with this new rifle I just bought. Hopefully, it'll be fixed to display properly. Doubt it will be soon as everybody in EW is about to go bye-bye for the holidays. :evil:
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Prone on sloped ground is horrible, as the entire scope view tilts and can make target acquisition very hard. I actually had assumed that the bipod would be an optional stance like with the stick, unfortunately, it is not.
Shot a pig at 115 meters right between the eyes with the HV ammo, it ran off and only dropped after I went full Texan on it. Shot a feral goat with HV it ran off due to admit a bad shot placement in the stomach.

Still, I am a bit weary now to use the HV on medium sized targets but it obviously needs more testing.
Code: Select all
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

nachthexe wrote:Prone on sloped ground is horrible, as the entire scope view tilts and can make target acquisition very hard. I actually had assumed that the bipod would be an optional stance like with the stick, unfortunately, it is not.
Shot a pig at 115 meters right between the eyes with the HV ammo, it ran off and only dropped after I went full Texan on it. Shot a feral goat with HV it ran off due to admit a bad shot placement in the stomach.

Still, I am a bit weary now to use the HV on medium sized targets but it obviously needs more testing.
I did a classic RFF Moose to brain from 80m test at the range, HV didn't go thru to brains so it might have about same penetration power as the legendary .308. But HP went easily to inner organs of a Moose 255 meters away, so it has pretty nice punch (more than 9.3x62 and 8x57 for example). Bipod is quite awkward to use, have to have pretty flat ground to get it positioned well. But Scout seems to be pretty stable already on lvl 2 so it's not that hard to shoot while crouching.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

IRL the scout does not have telescoping legs on the bipod. It is as portrayed in the game; 2 plastic legs that pop down. If you are on a slope you can either accept to use the scope at a similar angle or shoot while crouched. This isnt broken, its functioning as designed.

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

SoftShoe wrote:IRL the scout does not have telescoping legs on the bipod. It is as portrayed in the game; 2 plastic legs that pop down. If you are on a slope you can either accept to use the scope at a similar angle or shoot while crouched. This isnt broken, its functioning as designed.
But in RL you have 2 options. Use the folding bipod or do not. In game you must use it.
Code: Select all
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:IRL the scout does not have telescoping legs on the bi-pod. It is as portrayed in the game; 2 plastic legs that pop down. If you are on a slope you can either accept to use the scope at a similar angle or shoot while crouched. This isn't broken, its functioning as designed.
I know you don't like posts from people that have something negative to say, but here goes. Why didn't they tell us (those who have never heard of, or seen that type of weapon, with that attachment) in the beginning when they described it?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

after three hunts with the scout elite I can not fault it, good hard hitting but if you could select use the bipod or not would make this fantastic weapon even better
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

stancomputerhunter wrote: I know you don't like posts from people that have something negative to say, but here goes. Why didn't they tell us (those who have never heard of, or seen that type of weapon, with that attachment) in the beginning when they described it?
I have no problem with constructive criticism.

This rifle does pretty much exactly what I expected of it. RL knowledge aside, in one of TKs posts he stated when you went prone the legs automatically deployed. That in conjunction with my familiarity with the design makes me what you might call an educated buyer. Those who purchased it in the blind expecting it to operate the way they think it should operate are wrong.

In all things in life caveat emptor.

If you madly scrambled to purchase this before it was even announced as released & before there were any reviews about it you really dont have a leg to stand on. I am certain that will not stop anyone from complaining. Such is the nature of society today, no personal responsibility.

I do have issues with this rifle which I will delineate later but the least of them is how the bipod works.

Return to “General Chat”