Possible idea for future Event points system .

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Possible idea for future Event points system .

Post by DYEUZ »

It's been haunting me since the start of this Holiday Event 2018 . The way it's been copied and pasted from many other Events , in terms of the points system , which we can clearly see and understand , again this year , being made for grinders and other named techniques . Many suggestions have been made in past years from lots of people and here is what i think could be a real different way , for all, to enjoy.
Here is a summary of my view , my way of making these Events fair to all .
- Collectables : There would be a maximum of them to collect that would give points toward the main LB .I have 298 right now , without even looking for them and we are just about halfway into the Event .So , let's say when you reach 500 of them , they are not counting for the Event no more . You can still collect them and they will show in you stats , but the points will not add to the LB. They would be all random, like they are now . From 1@100 points and can be of colors or not , doesn't matter . So, you want to run and get them all right away !? Go ahead , but after, you're done . Another wants to get them , like i do , while simply hunting !? Great ,they are not disadvantaged at all .
- Comparing now : There is not limit for them , so ,strictly running to collect them makes it unfair to all . Not all want to do that and have the time if they would like to do that .

- Missions : They would still give, whatever number of points . Missions can easily be done alone or if help is needed , with some friends .So no big thing to change here .
- Comparing now: Nothing to compare here really .

- Competitions :How well you do in them or having just a score for them would be different and simple . I would not give , the original 20k for it .I would give 200@10 points for the top 200 places and 5 points for any other entry below that .
You following ? 200 = 1st , 190 = 2nd and so on and 5 points to 21 + positions .
- Comparing now : You have the 20k for any entry and that's all .You managed to beat everyone and get first place , you have same points has the guy who finished last !
Also, two of the comps so far asked for precision shooting . The distance / Roo / skull one and the Neck / bow / BT one . If i understand correctly, you are asking me to be precise in those two comps , knowing that the game has hitboxes issues !!??
I must be very stupid not to get that logic !

I would not give points for animals killed . So no grinding of birds / Bears / whatever species .
The LB would be changing quite often , making it exciting to watch . Anybody would have a chance at top spot .
This year again , after 2-3 days of a 22 days Event , we already knew who was going to win .Really ?!
Imo, these are simple adjustments to make .

Last time i looked at the poll i made for the satisfaction of this Holiday Event 2018 , 74% had given a thumbs down for it ! :? Pretty high if you ask me !

Many things can , could be change in my view of a good Event . Not all numbers are in concrete .
:mrgreen:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Possible idea for future Event points system .

Post by DHRifleman »

The comps would still cater to those with more time so the only thing that helps is the presents but they become all luck.
I do like the presents part so it reduces the luck part, but the comps part still needs something to balance it out.
But it is a start
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: DH... like with the regular comps , luck is a good part of the result . Sure , one that hunts 5-6 real hours compared to the one guy that has limited time , like 1 hr real time , has more chances in the end . But , like so many times , some get a nice score right from the start . So , yes, longer means more chances , but doesnt mean a sure victory .
also limiting the attempts , to very few , could be a solution .

thx for commenting

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

My feeling is that there is only the desire to take revenge on those who have more time and probably also want to devote to events...if someone does not have the time it to me sorry but is not the fault of the other players at least i think.. .
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: MaxVe... What is your point ?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DYEUZ wrote: which we can clearly see and understand , again this year , being made for grinders ...
You do realize, that because of the average number of hours you play most days and during comps, for probably 95%+ of the people that play this game, you're a grinder... :P
Personal Bests...
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

As I see it, the missions should be made only SP, it is not right to take advantage of the work of other people.
It's a hunting game so I would not remove the points for the captured animals.
As for the collectibles I would eliminate them completely from the general score, I would put a separate standings with a separate prize.
The score for the completion of competitions must be eliminated, the daily competitions already have their own prize, that should suffice.
The only thing that I would insert is a daily limit of hunting hours, exceeded that limit all the captures do not count anymore for the general score.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Fletchette ... That's not the same ! :)

:arrow: fantamichele ... So with your way :
- missions : If i'm a new guy and don't have the weapons required ,i can't do it ! With regular missions i can ask my friends to help out , but for this Event , i'm out of them .
- Points for killing animals : You would keep the possibility to grind animals !
- Collectables : separate LB + other prizes . Again ,you leave the running of the presents$ possible with no limit . Also , make EW work harder in creating a second LB .
Finally , asking them to give us more prizes . :lol:
- No score for the Event for the comps : So, if i finish 11th, i get nothing at all for even trying it !
- Limited hunting hours : And what would that limit be ?

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Missions can be done with any weapon, just enter the words "any ethical weapon".
You could put a score per animal based on the difficulty, for example the lynx 50 points, goose 1 point.
I can not understand what is your problem with collectables, let people do what they like, it's a separate classification I do not see how it can affect the overall result.
If you finish eleventh, it means that ten more have been better than you.
A time limit could be 3 or 4 hours, you should take a survey to see how many hours a day a person plays and then average.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... Amico , don't want to argue with you . Just want to see how your way would improve the Event for all . Preventing the grinding as possible .

- So all missions would have to be with ethical weapons and in SP.
No weapons requirements at all . ok, fair enough , but would still maybe , leave some guys out of some of them.
- Scores on animals based on difficulty . If a present$ gives me possibly more points than a Lynx , which one you think i'll go for ?
- MY PROBLEM , with collectables , like you say , is that it can have a significant results on the main LB . Capito ?
- If i finish 11th , euhhh , yeah , it means 10 were better !
- Having already all kinds of limitations , not sure a time one would make the '' i have all the time in the world '' guy very happy .

Ok, done with that . Buona giornata

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”