Possible idea for future Event points system .

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Possible idea for future Event points system .

Post by fantamichele »

Well, to say that it would be right for everyone is a stretch.
Serge maybe with the collectables I expressed myself badly, they must not be part of the general classification, they must have a separate classification, in practice they are two events in one.
The main event would be the one with the missions and competitions, and then, for those who want to spend time running around the fields, there would be a ranking related to collectables.
I think separating the two is the best way to start in the right direction.
Obviously all the other ideas are good (until proven otherwise) :)
TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

The only idea for a balanced event would be something like this since balance is no1 priority in such events.

1. Collectables: a total of 10000 thousand points for combined collectables harvested.
2. The mission and competition system as it is.
3.Now the most important part, the main event:

Harvest every land animal with a shot in the liver from the longest distance, only one attempt per animal spiece. The total range of all shots will be the final score.No equipment allowed(towers,treestants,tripod stands,feeders etc.) Fair enough, no matter what time spent.
Last edited by TheHunter-Master on December 9th, 2018, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

TheHunter-Master wrote:The only idea for a balanced event would be something like this since balance is no1 priority in such events.
I would rather want an Event to be fair to all. Balanced for you means ?

1. Collectables: a total of 10000 thousand points for combined collectables harvested.
Not quite understanding this one .
Ok, so , like right now , grinding Hares would be still in your plans .
Missions are ok, so far . for me anyway .

Harvest every land animal with a shot in the liver from the longest distance, only one attempt per animal spiece. The total range of all shots will be the final score.No equipment allowed(towers,treestants,tripod stands etc.) Fair enough, no matter what time spent.
So, i would have to go hunt all 46 species ?! yeah yeah , i know not the birds .
I can really see myself trying to hit a rabbit in the liver !

So, in example : In VDB, in one hunt , because of having only one attempt ,i would need to harvest an Ibex, a Red Deer , a Roe Deer , a Red Fox , a Euro Rabbit , a Brown Bear !?
Anyway, with the hitbox issues that we are having , i see what would happen right away . .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheHunter-Master
Spotter

Post by TheHunter-Master »

DYEUZ wrote:
TheHunter-Master wrote:The only idea for a balanced event would be something like this since balance is no1 priority in such events.
I would rather want an Event to be fair to all. Balance for you means ?

Not quite understanding this one .
Ok, so , like right now , grinding Hares would be still in your plans .
Missions are ok, so far . for me anyway .

Harvest every land animal with a shot in the liver from the longest distance, only one attempt per animal spiece. The total range of all shots will be the final score.No equipment allowed(towers,treestants,tripod stands etc.) Fair enough, no matter what time spent.
So, i would have to go hunt all 46 species ?! yeah yeah , i know not the birds .
I can really see myself trying to hit a rabbit in the liver !
Balance means same opportunities for every player, since the key word here is : TIME. Thats the only thing right now that defines who will win in every event.

1. i mean as it is right now : example 1 blue present :5 points , purple present :50 points etc , no matter what presents you will harvest there will be a cap of 10000 points max to be added to the final event score , now (As you said in your post) is up to each player if they will collect them right on the start or during the event.

2.Competitions in the events are JUST simple competitions like daily ones. They have not to do with the event , i mean the prize of the competitions has to do with personal desire to get the special trophy each time. The 20000 points is a totally different part. IMO i would like only challenging missions no comps.Ofc i dont like hare griding but its like bunny mayhem or loggin hogs , its just a comp, yesterday we had the common biggest red deer competition etc.

3. I thought there was no need to write '' the ones that have a liver'' :D but i think you got my point here. To make it clear, its up to every player to choose if he is going to kill them all from the first day or during the event. Also , the ones who dont have lots of time to compete grinders like now , will have the time to compete so there will be more participants.

im writting this from personal experience in such events and the aftermath. Being a zombie for about a week after event ,took me about a week το recover :lol:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The reason for these events and even the comps and missions are to get you to play the game. The more you play the more likely you are to pay.
So actually removing the grinding aspects could very well have an opposite affect.

Grinders as well as casual players should both be targeted with events like this.

Presently it is the grinders that will end up with the big prizes and they pretty much earn them, but it does leave the casual play saying why bother.

Maybe there should not be a main event with the best prizes, but 2 ways to get them. Both would require a fair amount of time playing because face it, this isn't tee ball where everyone wins.
One could be pretty much like we got where grinders will battle it out, and a second based more on score.

Missions and comps could still be run and award GM$ and EM$, but also each mission and comp animal has a separate tally board that adds up you best score for each through out the event.
So day one has WT missions, so the best WT score you get until the end of the event increases your total. Day 2 comp Has Elk, so same applies. During the event if you want to increase your score you may pick one of the ones that are low to increase it. You still have to do a fair amount of hunting, but that is what the events are for.

If you want to reduce the amount of animals it could just be based on the mission or comp animals alone, or just make them match so someone can compete in a comp and do the missions at the same time which would be the best scenario.
Start with the comp on day one, and add a mission on day 2 for the same animal. One of the 2 would have a more relaxed objective so it could count for both if the stricter criteria is met.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”