This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

Post by stancomputerhunter »

RidgeBack69 wrote:The old time players of this game should not feel a thing. Thy have been slapped so many times their cheek's are numb although they have been slapped extra this past year. I agree with @L3M182 100%
Makes you want to be a lifetime supporter of EW, Avalanche, and Nordisk Film, doesn't it? I'm running out and buying Generation Zero as soon as it is released. NOT! I'm guessing the owners of this company (Nordisk) have no clue what has happened. They are bean counters in the end, after all.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Definitely frustrating, but nothing really we can do about it at this point. Personally I don't like the direction that COTW is going. It seems more and more like a Cabela's game to me with all the "biggest and bestest hunter" crap.

Matt posted in another thread that they had some good things coming up, so I'm going to remain ignorantly optimistic that there is some nice new content in the works.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Yes EW has financed 2 other games using the revenue from the Hunter Classic, and each time it was at the neglect of this game. While each time it generally PMO, at this point I don't care as long as they keep this game going.
We do pretty much have a saturation of content, so keep the servers and the database working, and embellish some of the stuff we already have and I will be happy. Make a trophy room for medium animals since we have the most variety of them.

The main attraction of this game is the play style and the graphics are actually fine even though they are not up to what can be produced today. COTW may look nice but unless you are into that play style it makes no difference how it looks.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Mackie2112
Tracker

Post by Mackie2112 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Nobody gives a hoot about any personal feelings here, neither to deliberately slight or target individuals preferences.
Its really about progress. The classic engine is old, it may not be possible to get all the things we want because of the simple economic facts that putting resources into this game makes less sense than putting those resources into a more modern application.
But then we did get a jeep in classic complete with the capacity to carry a mate, a dog and untold gear. COTW gets only a single seater 4 wheeler that cant even keep you out of the rain, is a bugger to drive and will burst into flames if you dont drive it with some care.
LOL.
COTW is the next step up, so much of what was learned in Classic and much of the content wanted for classic will be instigated in COTW simply because it has its whole life ahead of it.
But it is a different game, although obviously a close sibling to its older predecessor. Even the bugs bear a familiar family likeness.
Its up to each individual to decide if they want to keep up, Play one or both games ... or simply cry miserably into their beer while calling foul.
This. I play both. I enjoy both. Prefer classic. Hopefully some new content heads our way. perhaps Im still rose colored glasses because I only have less then a year under my belt. But COTW had me look at classic and become a happy customer to both games.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Surely the evolution of a gaming company is going to follow the exact lines that theHunter, TheHunter Primal, COTW and the upcoming Generation Zero have taken.
You start a business with an Idea and you use the profits from your original investment to expand and grow your company. And I for one am pleased they did. I now have 3 great games to fill my days in retirement.
There has been a lot said about all the games to date, Both good and bad, and I have played them all. I still play the hunter, Primal and COTW depending on my mood..
Currently I am mostly playing COTW, I dont really understand all the cries about this so called "Arcade style" of hunting game
To me the play style is the same, I play single player and FREEPLAY, I go where I want and target the animals I want. Stalking Cape Buffalo in the trees down through Bush Valley is no different than Stalking Red deer in the autumn forested areas of Hirschfeldon in theHunter. Same skills , same satisfaction, and only a little less dangerous than hunting Utah Raptors in the Forests on Primal. ( My Primal installation still runs fine to this day.)
There is no difference in game-play, the weapons or the results. Basically all three have, or have had, pretty much the same bugs.
Will I make the move to generation Zero? Undecided at this point. Chasing Robots dosen't quite seem like my thing. But then, hunting Dinosaurs wasn't either until I tried it.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Will I make the move to generation Zero? Undecided at this point. Chasing Robots dosen't quite seem like my thing. But then, hunting Dinosaurs wasn't either until I tried it.
DTMB..... you know I've always respected your inputs even way back when.......
But to me playing these games isn't quite my style.....
Today I see my Grandson, my son, & his friends, playing a Mario game? a new game that is... nothing like the Mario Kart I use to play with them when my kids were young.
But just the same I still cater to Hunting games, original to new stuff. Not talking about the dinosaur games of old like Jurassic or anything.
Sure I'm also into my second childhood of playing games but I am less apt to play Zombie Killers and SCUM, and GTA, and War games.
I understand very well when games hit their threshold of maturity just as did the Deer Hunter Series and then they seem to vanish slowly into obliviation, null, deletion...
besides the phone app version...............Ha ha

The thing of it is though if EW isn't going to take a stand with another updated Classic then I am at the point of ending my support for anything else that is not to my
liking, and I have that privilege to do so as I see fit. It used to be a mans word was his integrity to an agreement with said communications.
Well my interpretation is now getting garbled and confusing to where nothing is going as to my expectations with my end of the deal which is paying a membership for something
that is totally not supporting the game I had this agreement with.

In other words I don't really give a shitz asse what other games they have going if I don't like them,.. I am not going to support them. PERIOD.
I only support the Hunter Classic and if the money isn't going into it anymore then I can throw my money around somewhere else,..
It doesn't bother me in the least and if EW can't or won't obligate their end well neither will I............... ;)

Just a friend,.. always a friend.. have a good 1
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Stuff like that happens in all game companys and its not like its something unusual. I played a lot , mostly only, Elder Scrolls Online after i stopped playing TheHunter as my main game.They always had loads of microtransactions in their store and its okay for me. Its mostly convinience and style stuff. but something changed over the course of the year and the store went pretty "aggresive" with limited time sales and ridiculous pricing for cool stuff to maybe get some predatory moves going on impulse buyers and grab some quick cash. I wondered if they just went full EA and then everything got clear. The Mother company had their staff working not only on ESO but a huge chunk of Zenimax Online Studios was supporting the development of Fallout 76 together with other staff from ID Software and the other big studios under their umbrella. They probably had a lot of pressure and needs for liquidation during that time to sustain cross development. there were also lots of server problems and other issues in the game that took an eternity to get fixed or addressed during that time, probably also caused by staff shortage from shared development.
Fun part is after the release of Fallout now things have calmed down again and they handed out loads of absolutely brilliant free stuff, maybe one day Classic will reap rewards from CoTW too one can hope. I think most didnt realize the whole situation cause the forums there were full of ,at that time ofc, rightful complains. Still tho , its a common practice for all companies in any branch. That was just an example. U always fund development of new ideas,products, or whatever the moment u invest your cash into something. That is how the world goes. Nothing new , and nothing to open a barrel and make a fiesta for.

Just my two cents. Life is change, products change, work styles change, companys change, prioritys change. Adapt or get washed away.

Also to add. If it werent for the development funds for CoTW's realization i would have never found this game, cause i came over from CoTW and stayed with Classic ;)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

You folks who talk about the evolution of gaming are missing one core ingredient. The honesty and integrity of the company. Decide for yourself as time goes on if this company has been honest to those who play tHC. I know in today's world people just say stuff. The old timers in this game are not from that generation, and when someone says they are going to do something, they expect it to be done.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Surely the evolution of a gaming company is going to follow the exact lines that theHunter, TheHunter Primal, COTW and the upcoming Generation Zero have taken.
You start a business with an Idea and you use the profits from your original investment to expand and grow your company. And I for one am pleased they did. I now have 3 great games to fill my days in retirement.
There has been a lot said about all the games to date, Both good and bad, and I have played them all. I still play the hunter, Primal and COTW depending on my mood..
Currently I am mostly playing COTW, I dont really understand all the cries about this so called "Arcade style" of hunting game
To me the play style is the same, I play single player and FREEPLAY, I go where I want and target the animals I want. Stalking Cape Buffalo in the trees down through Bush Valley is no different than Stalking Red deer in the autumn forested areas of Hirschfeldon in theHunter. Same skills , same satisfaction, and only a little less dangerous than hunting Utah Raptors in the Forests on Primal. ( My Primal installation still runs fine to this day.)
There is no difference in game-play, the weapons or the results. Basically all three have, or have had, pretty much the same bugs.
Will I make the move to generation Zero? Undecided at this point. Chasing Robots dosen't quite seem like my thing. But then, hunting Dinosaurs wasn't either until I tried it.
The styles differ in not in how you hunt in the games but why you do. Here it is for the comp win, mission completion, HS, Achievements for what they are worth.
COTW is mission based to gain credits to unlock and get additional equipment. COTW has an endpoint that you could actually complete once you have earned everything, where Classic does not. I don't think Arcade is accurate, but more scripted.

Classic is UFC and COTW is WWE ;)
Both have a place and can be entertaining.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DHRifleman wrote:Classic is UFC and COTW is WWE ;)
Both have a place and can be entertaining.
Classic is steak; COTW is hamburger.

Return to “General Chat”