This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Redmaster
Scout

This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

Post by Redmaster »

So for years, The Hunter Classic fan base has literally been begging for Axis deer. I even created a poll where 98% of people wanted them in game a year ago. Now, Parque Fernando for COTW has them. We literally begged for Africa, got slapped in the face, and COTW gets it instead. We begged for Axis deer for either BRR or PB, get silence, then slapped in the face with COTW getting it. This honestly just feels humiliating.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Re: This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

not to mention also getting Mountain Lion on the new Parque Fernando......Have wanted this forever on Classic.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

How is this a slap in the face? Did you really expect the company to put those resources into a 10 year old game?

Seriously, I don't think we'll see another new reserve in Classic. Ever. With the time remaining for Classic I doubt such an investment makes sense business wise.

But a Patagonian reserve sounds great. I might buy the DLC and fire up CotW just for walking around. :P
Image Image Image
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

People have to realize that for now and the foreseeable future COTW is the primary focus. Classic may not be going anywhere and it may still get new stuff; but COTW is going to get the best stuff first.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Well, i didn't feel a thing , if i was slapped !
Primo , i never begged for Axis Deer , but would not have mind .
Secondo , I never and will never begged for Africa !!!

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I see no slap in the face, I only see a beautiful reserve.
I believe that the mountain lion could also arrive in Classic, RFF is excellent for this animal.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:How is this a slap in the face? Did you really expect the company to put those resources into a 10 year old game?

Seriously, I don't think we'll see another new reserve in Classic. Ever. With the time remaining for Classic I doubt such an investment makes sense business wise.
Well said Marc, I agree completely.

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Seriously, I don't think we'll see another new reserve in Classic. Ever. With the time remaining for Classic I doubt such an investment makes sense business wise.
I have to disagree. I could be wrong, but next year is the 10 year anniversary and they are promising big stuff. I'm thinking one more final map (probably the "A" word finally) and then just updates and new items for the last few years. Unless they decide to port to a new engine.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I just saw the trailer, this does looks quite nice & it appears EW is releasing its 1st big cat :mrgreen:

Thanks for the HU! :lol:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:How is this a slap in the face? Did you really expect the company to put those resources into a 10 year old game?

Well said Marc, I agree completely.
How can you justify a statement like that when we are still paying memberships and spending on features and events on this game?
So Marc, will you be satisfied with EW non-producing features while you are waiting for it to die out like I hear also from other players?
That is the opposite of what should be expected by a company that makes its revenue on a supposedly ongoing game that we support.
It wouldn't matter if it was 20 years old if it has paying customers that keeps it afloat but has changed its policy on a whim for one of its other investments,...
though that may not be realistic for it to be around 20 years more, though while it is here it should be expected by us to do its best by them or are we just
supposed to throw our money out the window for their disclosure in seeing what is supposed to be allocated for theHunter Classic revenue.
I guess everyone has an opinion and I totally disagree to agree with yours.
Nothing personal,.. its just that I may have been born at night,.. but not last night, and I see it differently than you do.
Have a good 1......

Return to “General Chat”