This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: This is a giant slap in the face to anyone who's wanted this animal....

Post by Radamus »

INTIMID883R wrote:They all look best in the same place....right beside the green beans, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
That's what I'm talking about :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

ElusiveShadow wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
gas56 wrote:How can you justify a statement like that when we are still paying memberships and spending on features and events on this game?
I see it differently. We are paying to get the game as it is right now. EW isn't obliged to develop Classic with our mone
Then they should stop charging a membership and take a one-off payment. It's always been the give and take of "we pay a membership and you expand the game with the money".

Classic won't last forever and it has had an amazing run but things like this make it clearer and clearer that COTW is the priority. It's making me hesitant to buy anything.
Agree! because they use our money to develop COTW . Not forget that the membership for a year is more that cost COTW ,you buy it once, and any update is not necessary to play. In the Classic every new item is added automatically and sales are massive. I think that stopping the Classic will be a very bad way for them and is the reason that they don't do it,even if the game (Classic) is heavy in all ways 9,5 Giga for an old engine. I show somewhere that some players found the game run slowest after the car.
The fact that every new item in opposition of the COTW is added with a patch make the engine (already old) suffering. But they wont stop the game because bring money even after 10 years.And is the reason that they bring new items for sale in place of fixing bugs! :(
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

ElusiveShadow wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
gas56 wrote:How can you justify a statement like that when we are still paying memberships and spending on features and events on this game?
I see it differently. We are paying to get the game as it is right now. EW isn't obliged to develop Classic with our mone
Then they should stop charging a membership and take a one-off payment. It's always been the give and take of "we pay a membership and you expand the game with the money".
I agree with Elusive Shadow..... I have always viewed membership money as us paying for the expansion of the game, not paying to use what is already there.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I purchased COTW first and discovered Classic because of it. COTW is beautiful and an arcade game. I keep up with the DLC's try them out a bit here and there, but other than the landscape the animals are just cut and paste with meh textures with a very sucky AI.

I've put ALOT of money into Classic, without one regret. I truly wish I had found it when it was released. There is alot of turnover in the company, young folks come in, get their toes wet in the game development and then move on. Not too obvious when it is a big gaming franchise, but with a small company like this one you see it and you feel it. They want a cash cow? They had one in the Trophy lodge... so so much more could have been done with that, huge suggestion thread and all viable with the current engine.

The dogs, another one, but again go so far and then pull their toes back in, while spilling and forgetting to clean up the nail polish left behind.

I've paid ahead another five years, that is how excited I was regarding this game, not to mention all the hardware and just about every weapon etc. Vehicle, nope not in my purchase sights. It just didn't fit, and quite honestly the terrain changes made to accommodate stand out like sore thumbs.

COTW will not have the longevity of this game as long as its level capped/experienced based with cut and paste models. I honestly believe if the landscape wasn't so breath taking where you can fill folder after folder of screen shots it would not be doing as well.
Spoiler:

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I'm used to this now, seems like they're putting more focus into COTW these days considering COTW has got two maps within 4 months and Classic is still waiting for any sign of a new map this year.
I saw Axis deer in the trailer and was sold straight away on the new map, I would've liked Axis in Classic but oh well *shrugs* what can ya do.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:How is this a slap in the face? Did you really expect the company to put those resources into a 10 year old game?

Seriously, I don't think we'll see another new reserve in Classic. Ever. With the time remaining for Classic I doubt such an investment makes sense business wise.

But a Patagonian reserve sounds great. I might buy the DLC and fire up CotW just for walking around. :P

ive joined you in this mindset now mate. the game is all but finished. these are just the last days of somthing once great. had a good run, and im fine with it now tbh. its 10 years old and the last 12 months have been trash to put it quite frankly. its made the announcement (when it finally comes) way more palatable
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

L3M182 wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:How is this a slap in the face? Did you really expect the company to put those resources into a 10 year old game?

Seriously, I don't think we'll see another new reserve in Classic. Ever. With the time remaining for Classic I doubt such an investment makes sense business wise.

But a Patagonian reserve sounds great. I might buy the DLC and fire up CotW just for walking around. :P

ive joined you in this mindset now mate. the game is all but finished. these are just the last days of somthing once great. had a good run, and im fine with it now tbh. its 10 years old and the last 12 months have been trash to put it quite frankly. its made the announcement (when it finally comes) way more palatable
Yeah man, totally understand ya.
I feel like singing this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You followed me, I followed you
We were like each other's shadows for a while
Now as you see, this game is through
So although it hurts, I'll try to smile
As I say

Goodbye so soon
And isn't this a crime?
We know by now that time knows how to fly
So here's goodbye so soon
You'll find your separate way
With time so short I'll say so long
And go
So soon
Goodbye.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

My 2 cents. i may be wrong or right, but i always when i payed for items, membership, etc in The Hunter was to support The Hunter, the game i play, if i were interested into play and support COTW i would be buying COTW stuff, now i don't feel particularly mad if part of the income i pay is used to develop some other game, because that could be a game that i may eventually go and enjoy, that would even lead to the creation of a The Hunter2, but i expect the funds get used mainly in the game what i am paying for, maybe not for new reserves every 6 month or year, but at least to keep it running healthy, and i mean with the less bugs possible, if new reserves and items come, well that's better, but it will get me mad if the resources for bug fixing went into develop something else leaving the product i pay in a so so state like if were a waste of money for EW to fix it.

Note i remark "if" because that is just speculation of something that may be or not, and not an accusation, and to be fair, EW fixed some bugs recently, even if the most critical, the hitboxes is still camping around. But if COTW get good stuff, good for that game, i hope(maybe naively) that some of that income can be used in Classic. Or to develop a new The Hunter, with the old Classic gameplay but a graphic engine like the one of COTW.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

The trailer is nice but cotw is an arcade so nothing to do with it i Will never play cotw again
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The old time players of this game should not feel a thing. Thy have been slapped so many times their cheek's are numb although they have been slapped extra this past year. I agree with @L3M182 100%
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”